“Very Nice but warning to potential visitors”

The LaSalle Boutique Hotel & 120 Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bryan
Kansas City, Mo
“Very Nice but warning to potential visitors”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Beautiful hotel and facilities with a reasonable priced restaurant in a attractive delightful small town. The location was great right in the center of town where all the action was.There was no dresser draw to put your clothes. The television stand had cubby holes in it but it wasn't a good substitute. Free parking on website was misleading. It was on street parking with signs that indicate restrictions and violations. Time limit free parking signs were everywhere. So you have to move your vehicle. We stayed 4 nights so we really enjoyed that. The rooms were a good size, clean, comfortable, no smells. Free breakfast was great the first morning it was buffet. Following morning we were told to order off the menu. All 5 people ordered bacon, eggs, toast. After we finished eating the server handed us a bill for the bacon $2.91 per person. At no time while taking our orders did she mention the bacon was a extra charge. We asked why she did not state that when taking our order and her answer "I forgot".

Room Tip: Plenty of good restaurants in walking distance. Be prepared to hear the train at all hours as others...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank SecondSisterKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bryan
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Debby Teague was the contact for our Rehearsal Dinner. She was very professional and organized from our very first meeting. She accommodated us to include my out-of-town parents in the planning from the tasting to the final details. Debby and her staff had free reign on how to decorate the La Salle Cafe, and it was beautiful! The service was outstanding and friendly. We would recommend Debby and her staff to anyone!!!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank loveyoulotslizzie
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our small group chose LaSalle for a conference June 20-22. The hotel is in a restored building in "Old' downtown Bryan. Lobby, bar and dining room are elegant, yet cozy. Room clean, bed soft, nice view from 7th (top) floor. Staff pleasant and helpful. Several shops, some restaurants within two blocks of hotel. A Jazz festival was under way across street. Breakfast had few selections, but was adequate. Dinner event, catered by the hotel, offered excellent, tender steak and chicken breast. Problems: no on-site or dedicated parking for guests. "Street" parking only. Microwave and mini-fridge ARE NOT standard with a room. You must ask for them when making reservation. I did, but when I checked in, there was no notation on my reservation; however, a set was found in the basement. Our small meeting room was in the basement and was very dark and depressing. A coat of light paint and a couple of landscape prints, such as are in the lobby and rooms, would cheer room up and wouldn't cost much. Good site for small conferences and
wedding parties

Room Tip: Several railroad street crossings near the hotel, including one only a block away. Trains must sound...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Carol D
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The La Salle Hotel is a quite and clean hotel. It does have a musty smell to it as other reviewers pointed out. It was very clean and neat. The only complaints I have is the train that woke me up numerous times throughout the night and that the water was so hot it almost boiled your skin off. Overall, a good hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Horsetrainer1
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our stay was great! We booked a king room that overlooked n.bryan and the courtyard. The room was comfortable, clean, and upscale without feeling snobby. The food was excellent! It was a nice upscale menu without being overpriced, they had a really nice little bar with tasty drinks that centered around the state of texas. We were there for the first Friday event that Bryan has once a month and that was a blast as well, live music at several locations, all within walking distance. The streets are well lit and clean and a total feeling of safety.
If you are looking for a fun Friday night, with the added safety of not driving and like something better than your typical chain hotels then I highly recommend the hotel lasalle.

• Stayed June 2014
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Sorry that some of reviewers had problems. I had a positive experience. Went to Bryan/College Station to see my son and spend First Friday with him in Bryan. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I noticed that one of the reviewers complained about keys not working. I have experienced this problem in large and small hotels from California to New York. It happens. I had no problem with the water so not sure what the problem, could be due to renovation. The bar is great. I spoke with one of the bartenders and found out that the bartender that DJ'd the reception had five+ years experience working as a DJ at weddings and parties as a side job. I know, I'm inquisitive, but I wanted the facts before I recommended the hotel to my friends.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
College Station, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My recent stay at the LaSalle Hotel….It was fabulous!
The downtown Bryan is beautiful! Not to mention the nostalgic Hotel with all its amenities. I called for a room and was greeted by a cheerful hostess and had a room in minutes. I never felt more at home, than when I stayed here. The staff was unbelievable! I felt like I was back in time and had the world at my fingertips. The café and bar were exceptional! I had some of the best meals and appetizers in the world. The management was some of the best I have ever met in all my travels. She really made me feel at home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryan
The Stella Hotel
The Stella Hotel
#1 of 14 in Bryan
Best Western Premier Bryan College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Hilton College Station & Confere...
#11 of 35 in College Station
The Villa Bed and Breakfast at Messina Hof
Hilton Garden Inn College Station

Been to The LaSalle Boutique Hotel & 120 Kitchen? Share your experiences!