“Really Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bryan
Texas
“Really Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed here last night - September 11th - while my husband went to the Louisiana Tech - A&M Football Game. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the stadium. I stayed at the hotel with our two dogs while he was at the game. The hotel is very new, very clean, looks great, the room was large, with two very comfortable queen beds, nice bathroom, 37" plasma TV, microwave and refrigerator. The pool was nice, the lobby beautiful. The free breakfast was very good. (Or you can eat at I-Hop next door and get 20% off with your hotel key). There is a Walgreens next door, also, We will definitely stay here again. Some reviews complained of thin walls and noise but we found it very quiet. The hotel is pet friendly; however, I thought the fee was a little high: $50 for the first pet and $20 for the second, plus tax. They do have a military discount and we are retired military so we paid about 30% less than the standard rate. The hotel staff is very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I recently stayed here for a weekend trip with friends, and I have to say it is the nicest hotel I've been to. THE best Best Western out there. All of the staff was very friendly and courteous. They actually will look at you, smile, and ask if you need anything.

Breakfast was great. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, muffins, bagels, danishes along with the standard toast and cereal. The staff responded quickly when more food or drinks were needed and were quick to clean up after guests finished. Best hotel breakfast I've had.

This is the only hotel I will be staying in the next time I'm in the BCS area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
washington dc
Reviewed May 9, 2010

New hotel, very nice. This is on the far East side of Bryan. Bryan has one of the highest crimes rates in Texas and the USA. See City-Data.com and neighborhoodscout.com. The gangs stay mostly in the west side of Bryan. This is a much safer new area of Bryan near good places to eat..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
NAlbers, General Manager at Best Western Premier Bryan College Station, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass them on to my staff. I can also confirm that we are in a very safe area of Bryan. We are located right next to two great shopping centers with a large Kroger grocery store and a Target.

We appreciate your comment and hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My friends and I were impressed with the hotel. First of all, the decor is just beautiful. We felt like we should have been paying a lot more for such a pretty hotel! The full bar was nice, and it was also handy that the hotel was within walking distance from an IHOP and a Walgreen's. It was a little chilly to swim while we were there, but the pool wa sgreat for sitting around in the evening.
We did not notice the highway noise, but I will agree that the room walls are thin. The beds were extremely comfortable, but unfortunately, we ALL ended up with bruised knees from the hard footboards that hide under the comforters! Ouch! The breakfast had greatly improved since the previous review. There was a variety of hot food each day, plus pastries and cereals. My only complaint with it was that the only fresh fruit was green apples. I would have loved an orange or banana.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for posting this review after your recent stay. I also appreciate your compliments on our breakfast, I will be sure to pass them on to my staff. I apologize about the bruises on your leg, I know that our bed frames stick out a little to far. We are working on tucking the blankets underneath the mattress so that the frame is visible to anyone in the room.

Thanks again for the review and comments, we hope to see you again in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I stayed here for a long wedding weekend, and I really, really, REALLY wanted to love this place. I felt like I'd won the lottery when I found such a new, clean hotel for the price and felt great about things at check-in and when we first got to our room. But in the end, my husband and I were both unable to sleep the three nights we stayed, and being the whole point, I just can't recommend it.

Pros:
-VERY comfortable and attractive room, great size
-easy to get "in town," and close to Walgreens & Target for emergency items
-VERY comfortable bed and pillows
-soft towels and sheets. not scratchy!
-full bar
-probably the nicest hotel you could stay at for this price

Cons:
-on one side of our room you could hear what was either the loudest snores ever, or the thinnest walls ever that blocked out NO NOISE
-had to call the front desk around 3 am to report some kind of crazy noise in the room on the other side of us and in the hall, sounded like a bunch of drunk guys
-the highway noise is bothersome
-with all of the noise surrounding us, we had to leave the TV on to try to fall asleep, something we have not done once until then in three years of marriage
-once i finally did fall asleep, i would wake up when someone on either side of us would close their bathroom door, it was so loud it would startle me
-the mini fridge in our room made a VERY LOUD ticking sound, just like the 60 Minutes ticking. CONSTANTLY. We finally had to give up on our leftovers and unplug the fridge for our stay. (We would have asked to move rooms, but being in the wedding party, we had literally no time to do so)
-Internet was horribly slow (but at least it was free)
-both elevators were extremely noisy/rickety sounding/kind of unsafe feeling

I really did want to love this place. I could have slept like a baby in that comfortable bed if it wasn't the noisiest hotel room I think I've ever stayed in. It's a shame!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting a review about your recent stay. I am sorry that you had the experience you did, it sounds like there was a pretty noisy group in the hotel at the same time as you. I will make sure that we do a better job of monitoring our hallways to ensure no one is disturbing our other guests. I also know of the issue you mentioned with the noise the refrigerator made. We schedule the defroster to activate during the day when our guests are out of the hotel, but it sounds like we missed the one in your room and I apologize about that.

Please know that we take all of these comments, reviews and suggestions to heart and we are always working on improving.

Thanks again for the review and I hope to see you in the future.

Sincerely

dallas,tx
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Our initial impression of this hotel was fairly positive and if it hadn't been for the abysmal breakfast offering we might have stayed here again the next time we visited. Our biggest complaint before breakfast was the paper thin walls. We went to sleep that night listening to our neighbors TV (which didn't appear to be particularly loud) up against our heads and awoke the next morning to their TV still playing. Road noise was also appreciable even though the hotel is somewhat removed from the highway. But as we walked down to breakfast, we still thought we would stay here again (good wireless internet access, decent shower, pretty clean overall). We arrived for breakfast at 7:45 am but the little food that was offered was just about out and the person manning the breakfast bar was making little effort to refill anything. All four coffee containers were empty as was the orange juice carafe and the the 1% milk container. The silverware was filthy with food still crusted on them and the little bit of fake eggs that were there tasted awful. Since the attendant spent most of her time out of sight, I asked the front office person to at least get some coffee. He wandered over about 10 minutes later to check (he was in no hurry apparently since he had his own cup of coffee) but by then we had given up. I managed to toast some bread and add jelly to it with a stir stick. My son at least got a box of fruit loops. The place wasn't even crowded (maybe this is why?). For $120/night, this isn't going to make us repeat customers.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
NAlbers, General Manager at Best Western Premier Bryan College Station, responded to this review, April 22, 2010
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. We strive to make sure every guest has a satisfying stay. Your comments have a big impact on the operations of our hotel and I can assure you that I have taken action after reading about your experience. I can guarantee that you will have a much better experience should you return in the future.

If you know of a time in the future that you will be in the Bryan/College Station area, please contact me directly at (979) 731-5302. I will make sure that you have a very positive memorable experience.

-Nicholas Albers.
DFW, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2009

This has got to be the BEST Best Western in the world! Of course, it is brand new, so let's hope they keep it in such great condition! Comfy beds, friendly staff and great location!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryan
The Stella Hotel
The Stella Hotel
#2 of 14 in Bryan
Best Western Plus College Station Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus College Statio...
#1 of 36 in College Station
#6 of 36 in College Station
Ramada College Station
Ramada College Station
#3 of 36 in College Station

Been to Best Western Premier Bryan College Station? Share your experiences!