“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Bryan
San Antonio, Texas
“Great hotel”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here when our daughter graduated from Texas A&M. The rooms are spacious and have every amenity you could ask for. The room was ver spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The reasons I could not give this hotel 5 stars were the noise level and free "hot" breakfast. The doors are not soundproof at all, and we heard everyone who walked by our room. There was a nice variety at the free breakfast, however the eggs, bacon, and hash browns were cold. We would stay there again, but would probably eat breakfast at the IHOP next door.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was a student here a very long time ago and way back then, hotel options in the Brazos Valley were nothing like they are now. I was in town visiting some friends and did a quick TripAdvisor search for where to stay. Reviews for this BW were great and so I booked. I was heading down from Dallas in the evening and got slowed by some seriously torrential thunderstorms that nearly kept me from making it all the way. I called the hotel to let them know and the lady at the front desk was very understanding and friendly - assuring me my room would be available as soon as I arrived. About midnight, I finally made it, trudging into the lobby soaking wet. I was promptly checked, given the explanation of the facility, and then I was off to my room.

WOW! This hotel is beautiful. Exceptionally clean and comfortable. The room is huge, spotless, and everything worked - lights, tv, remote, everything. Bed was super comfy. Bathroom and vanity areas were huge and very clean. Nice shower. Great water pressure (although I forgot how much I hate soft water). I had a fantastic night of sleep and was even granted a late check-out which was perfect for that extra hour of nappy nap time in the morning. The breakfast splay is nice and the lobby and eating area are very spacious with plenty of seating.

This hotel is in a perfect location. A little complicated to get to if you're coming from the north, but getting around once you're there is not trouble at all. Ten - fifteen minutes from anywhere you need to be and directly off the freeway. There is a Walgreens located just behind the hotel, so if there are any major necessities or sundries that you may require - it is all within a short walk.

I'm hardly ever in the B/CS area anymore, but if I return - this will be my first and only choice of hotels. The value cannot be beat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Due to our 3 sons attending Texas A&M over the past 9 years (going on 10), we have stayed at many hotels in the area. This Best Western opened 3 years ago and it has been our favorite and only hotel since then. It has easy access on & off Hwy. 6 and is close to the University campus, but away from the University Dr. & Texas Ave. traffic mess. The front desk is staffed by friendly, courteous personnel - most of whom I assume are students from their age. We book a King Bed room and have also booked the King Bed Suites. The rooms are always clean, tastefully decorated and roomy. The King Suite is postively spacious! We like having a refrigerator in the room. The bathrooms are big,the shower has lots of space and we've always had plenty of tolietries. They only have showers, no bathtubs. An added plus, is a full size blowdryer in the bathroom. The beds are comfortable, there is plenty of lighting in the room and extra seating. No noise problems so far. Good hot breakfast and we enjoy having a bar in the hotel. The entire staff has always been very friendly and we have only had positive experiences. The price is comparable to other hotels in this area. We think it's a great hotel and will continue to stay here on our trips to the College Station/Bryan area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sdatex
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here for a week on a business trip and selected the hotel based on what I had read on TripAdvisor. I was happy with my decision. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable with both wireless and cat5 internet connection. The breakfast in the morning consisted of both hot and cold selections (eggs, bacon, danish, yogurt, fruit, etc). In the evening, the hotel had a happy hour with snacks. The hotel also has a bar. Overall, I would choose this hotel again the next time I visit the College Station / Bryan area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel was one of the nicest I have seen in a long time. It is a new hotel and they are taking good care to keep it looking that way. The room was spotless, had a huge shower with a glass door, very comfortable bed/bedding, large tv, nice sitting area, and refrig./microwave. I saw two different rooms (King suite and reg king) and they were both VERY nice! The bathroom products (Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps etc.) were not cheap products and it also had makeup remover wipes and Q-tips. I have lived in this area for a while, even working at one of the nearby hotels, and was particularly impressed with both the staff and hotel. They were flexible with our needs to arrive early as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tex10517
Varied
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel staff here is incredibly friendly and helpful! They instantly made me feel at home. The hotel lobby and my room were pretty, restive, and very clean. But the walls were too thin! I could hear everything on both sides of my room! I could hear the man or woman snoring behind my headboard. And I could hear the conversations and the TV from the room towards the foot of my bed! I kept thinking to myself, "It is such a shame that they took the time to build this pretty, moderately-priced hotel, and staff it with the friendliest people around, only to put in paper-thin walls!" Unfortunately, it is unlikely that I'll stay here again. It's a little bit higher priced than the other College Station hotel I've routinely used in the past. It's prettier and friendlier. But, the fact is, I'm a very light sleeper, and for me, the thin walls will just not do. I'm kind of sad about that!

Room Tip: I would imagine that a room on the end of the hall might be better, because of the noise. If it were...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Midland
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I traveled here on business. The hotel is very well kept and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff was very helpful, whether it was something we needed with housekeeping or something Kristen at the front desk could do it was always great service. Definitely a great hotel andwould highly recommend it to anyone in the Bryan area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryan
The Stella Hotel
The Stella Hotel
#1 of 14 in Bryan
Best Western Plus College Station Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus College Statio...
#2 of 35 in College Station
Hilton Garden Inn College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Ramada College Station
Ramada College Station
#3 of 35 in College Station
The LaSalle Boutique Hotel & 120 Kitchen

Been to Best Western Premier Bryan College Station? Share your experiences!