“I will never stay here again !!!!!”

Budget Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and I went to Brownwood, Tx for a High School Graduation. We booked 2 rooms online. One room was next door to the hot water heater/boiler room... and the room filled with propane/butane fumes, and when we told the front desk the reply that we received was... "well I don't know how that is since this hotel is all electric".... then after a few minutes of trying to get the clerk to come to the room to see for his self.... the manager came out and offered another room... the other room that we paid for also had to be changed because the AC didnt work....the free breakfast, i wouldnt have fed it to my dog..... we sat there and waited for a waitress for an hour.... and when she was asked about our food, she was VERY RUDE !!!! when we finally did get our breakfast it was not anything to brag about and a two yr old wouldnt have gotten full off of the amount that was given to three adults....... and after returning home we have now noticed we have an extra charge on our credit card from this facility for almost $40.00. We still have not found out what this is for.... waiting for the supervisor to call me and give an explanation..... hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm, never again !!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank keldyess

Reviewed April 16, 2011

Worst experience I have ever encountered in a motel. When I checked into my room (231) there was a huge cockroach dead on the floor and when i pulled back my sheets there was dirt on them that you could brush off. I went to cancel room and was talked into another room by clerk (232). I was late for appointment so came back to room a few hours later and found this bed had what looked like cheeze-it crumbs and hair on sheet.

Obvious the sheets in either room had not been changed at all. I tried to cancel this room also and was told by manager I would be charged a day use because I did not cancel right away. So i paid 1/2 the normal rate and just decided to drive back to Houston that night. I was just to creeped out.

I will never stay at a Budget Inn again. I don't care if they are a lower price YOU at least expect clean sheets!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank LovinTexasLarge
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We were in town for a 4-H event, and after traveling almost 7 hrs the kids and I were ready for a good night sleep. Never happened! We had to be shown a "trick" to open our door, the knobs were missing off the sink, beds were hard as a rock, floors were filthy and the air cond. never got the room under 80 degrees. After being in the 100 degree heat all day a cool room at night would have been great. You get what you pay for, but this room wasn't worth half of what they charged for it. We should have slept in our car.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank shotgunmom
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We arrived with a group of 6 people who booked 3 rooms. After paying we entered the rooms to find them super dirty beyond belief. There was a strong smell of smoke in each of the "non-smoking rooms". There was lots of public hair in all the beds and hair clippings on the pillows. The matresses were stained in dark colors along the sides.Upon further inspection we saw many signs of bug beds.

We immediately went back to the front desk and they refused to give us a refund. We were so incredibly grossed out. There exact words were "You get what you pay for".

Not that it matter but it should be noted that the pool was empty.

We promptly left (very angry) and stayed in the Comfort Inn down that road which was 100x better.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Snowman745
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Stayed there with a ball team and out of the number of rooms we had there were some complaints. Some legit! Overall survivable for a night or two. Not a luxury, but not the worst.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JPGOFF
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I checked in on October 9, 2010 around 6:30 p.m and check out an hour later after all the roaches started coming out and they still billed me. Can you believe they were going to give a complimentary breakfast, who would eat there? By the way the bill still comes across as Days Inn, can’t say I will stay with them again either. If they would let a hotel under their watch get this bad.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank WPC308
Reviewed July 10, 2010

unless you are a contractor of course. This old trashy motel is a retired Days Inn. the rooms are filthy, old TV's and smoke alarms with dead batteries and they chirp in the middle of the night......Rough clientel stay there. Contracots are loud and drink by the pool and BBQ outside. Very Ghetto. Very noisy on weekends. The maintenance man was drinking liquor straight from the bottle inside the lobby of the Motel because technically he just got off the clock 2 minutes earlier. If something is wrong with your room (and there might be lots of things not right) Their soloution is to move you to another room. Not fix the problem. It was the worst place I had ever stayed at. Pay a little more and stay at a clean chain motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hahaguy
seeornot2sea, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

i remember this person very well ask if they would like to move rooms they said no and it was late at night ,but a guest who was walking threw to his room said he would look at the problem.witch he said he did not understand what they were talking about and just wanted there money after using the room

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
Knights Inn Brownwood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood
Comfort Inn Early
Comfort Inn Early
#1 of 2 in Early

Been to Budget Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!