“Star of Texas Elopement May 11, 2013”

Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Brownwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We purchased the ultimate elopement package for our wedding. We were happy with our stay and with the ceremony. However, we were a little disappointed with some aspects. According to the elopement package, we were to receive a photo CD of our ceremony. We did receive this because I chose to pay a professional photographer to take photos. I had no idea that the innkeepers were not taking photos and was really disappointed to not have more pictures. I also had let the innkeepers know that I have a nut allergy and requested a nut-free menu. However, nuts were still placed on our cheese tray. I realize that some people do not have allergies to foods and do not understand how bad an allergic reaction can be. I do and I cannot eat foods that are even touching nuts. My husband doesn't eat nuts either so he doesn't pose a threat to me.
All in all, the innkeepers were friendly and kind but I think I hoped to feel just a little more special on my wedding day. I saw pictures on the B & B website of bridal shoes and tattoos on brides; I had awesome shoes and boots and tattoos but had no photos taken of me.
On a final note, we broke a wine glass on our trip home and Deb was kind enough to replace it free of charge for me. I really appreciate that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

I am sorry for the things you were not pleased with. I tried taking pictures behind the photographer, but being it was in the middle of the afternoon, my pictures had way to many shadows to use, I am sorry, as I stated I am not a professional photographer, but try my best. I know your photos from Brian will be great. On the nuts, that was my mistake, you just said no nuts for you, if the word allergies would have been said, I would have been much more cautious and questioned you on it, as I always try to be aware of that. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a room for an impromptu motorcycle trip to the Hill Country in the Cottonwood room. The experience was awesome. Don and Debbie pay much attention to detail in creating a "world within a world". Lighting, music, hot tub under the stars, outstanding breakfast....all made an excellent experience. We will return...it's a repeat! Thanks for a memoriable night!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We love the sound of motorcycles coming down our country lane. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and let us play with the cycles for some photos. Hope to have you come again sometime and hopefully stay longer. deb

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We decided to take our vows privately and forgo the time and expense of a huge wedding. Star of Texas Bed and Breakfast was the perfect choice. They offer everything to make your day special. The environment is relaxing and away from the busy city. My groom was super relaxed. We enjoyed our hassle free weekend having breakfast delivered to our room and dinner in our room after our wedding ceremony. They did a great job on the vows. It was as special as it was low key. This is a unique property with little surprises everywhere in the natural landscaping that comes right up to the cabins. Food was great, the chef accomodated my groom's celiac disease diet which is gluten free and wheat free. A relaxing and romantic get away. Breakfast is delivered by the most cheerful voice of the B&B owner. We had a great time. I was not able to find a place online that offered a wedding service, spa package, cake, bouquet, breakfast in the room, dinner in the room, etc. without me doing a lot of running people down. This was one stop shopping and saved me a lot of time and stress. Highly recommend if you want a special weekend for anniversary or nuptials without stress of planning every detail. The price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: I like the oak room because it was the most secluded on the property and near the walking trail.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review. We are so happy that you were pleased with your stay and all the packages we do. We try hard to make it as relaxing as possible. Hope to see you again soon. deb

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast is a beautiful, secluded and relaxing place just minutes outside Brownwood, Texas and just 1 hr. 45 mins. from Abilene, Texas.
Our daughter and son-in-law were married at the Star of Texas, June, 2011. They enjoyed their time so much they purchased my husband and I a gift certificate. When we got on the website to schedule our stay we were pleasantly surprised by the different packages that were available.
The care and detail that is put into the rooms, food, scenery is pampering to the soul. We enjoyed our stay and hope to go back again. It is all worth it.

Room Tip: When scheduling your stay be sure and look at every room and packages on the website so you can be s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We are glad you came and enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks so much for writing a review. We do hope to see you and your "newlyweds", back another time to stay with us. Maybe even try a different cottage out too. deb

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I can sum up everything about this b & b and our experience in one word - PERFECT! From beginning to end it was the best way to celebrate our anniversary. We choose the Romance package and stayed in the Cottonwood. The room was great and we enjoyed the hot tub, watching the deer come through at dusk, watching all the animals, and sitting outside in a peaceful, quiet setting. Deb and Don were fantastic... they were always there when you needed them, but never intrusive. Absolutely wonderful hosts and the meals were to die for! I only wish I could cook like that. We will definately recommend this b & b to friends and family and we will definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for helping us move out the 55, hopefully when you come again, we will have something new and fun in that spot.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place is amazing. I decided to take my husband on a surprise bed and breakfast getaway for our anniversary and I was little timid at first because I had never been to Brownwood. But, as I drove in to the dirt road entering the beautiful place, I was amazed. This is a perfect place for a couple to go and just be secluded from the city life. There is so much privacy here and quiet atmosphere which is what we were looking for. We stayed in the cottonwood suite and it was the perfect place. It is very secluded and private with a outside hot tub. At night, you can even enjoy the outside fireplace which is also just for this suite. We made smores here and got the wood from the forest and it was a great adventure. We went on the nature trail which is a must to go to here. It was some amazing crazy stuff to look at. We added the fruit and cheese tray and the romantic dinner as well. These are a must as well. Don and Debbie put a lot of details into their presentation of the food and makes you feel completely special. My husband do not drink alcohol so I asked for sparkling juice instead which was super delicious. The gift shop has amazing stuff as well. We bought the coffee mugs here as a memory. The breakfast was perfect as well. It wasn't like the same food everyday. We stayed for two nights and we got two different breakfasts. The cottonwood is right next to where the chickens and the donkeys live and also there is a trail next to it that leads you to the tipi (must go to explore). We are for sure going to be coming back here. If you want a getaway from Austin/San Antonio/Houston, this place is only 2-3 hours away and you will be getting the perfect package. Thanks don and Debbie for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and all we have to offer here. We do hope you will come again, try us in the fall as it looks so different. deb

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I were able to escape here for the weekend while Grandpa and Grandma watched the kids. We stayed in the Cottonwood, it was exactly what we needed, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. The place is thoughtfully appointed and tastefully decorated. The breakfasts were fancy and yummy. You have to try the nature trail. Don mentioned that there is usually a “cat escort”, we were not disappointed. We enjoyed all the amenities that came with the room (The Cottonwood has its own outdoor hot tub.) I am recommending this to my friends and we would love to go back.

Room Tip: The Cottonwood has a hottub and WIFI, it overlooks the pond, we watched the deer come in to have a d...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank goodness for Grandpa's and Grandma's that know how important it is for couples to have some alone time. We are so glad you came and enjoyed it here. We try to always respect a couples privacy, but be here when you need us. Hope to see you again. Thanks deb