“Large clean rooms.”

and 1 more site!
Gate 1 inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Our room was very spacious and clean. Frig, Microwave, & coffee pot were a nice addition. Our King room came with a writing desk, table with 4 chairs and an easy chair. Room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Vicky S
There are newer reviews for Gate 1 inn

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We were there from the 3rd of July until the 6th of July! The new management is awesome, the rooms were clean, nice, large and cool! I would recommend gate one to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Brownwood! We have stayed there for the last 4 years during July and have always been comfortable, but the new management makes it completely awesome! We have already made our reservations for next year!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TFC1958
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Unfortunately I got put here for business and not happy with it. The place is out dated, the beds are hard and not very comfortable, there is one restaurant next to the hotel but that's it otherwise there is nothing around, the internet connection is pretty slow. Pretty much any hotel that hands you an actual key to open up your door instead of a card is already questionable to me. Its not a terrible place to stay, I'm just picky and have a certain standard and this place does not meet that standard

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were very happy with Gate 1 Inn...the rooms were large, clean and comfortible. The breakfast was simple, cereal, fruit, breads, juice, milk and coffee-very adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful. I reccommend it for a great value and safe location too! Jacie

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank zummer
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked this hotel over the phone without seeing it. My boyfriend and I were coming into town for my high school reunion and wanted a reasonably priced motel. When we came in the door, the lobby had an overpowering odor. As we waited for the manager to find my reservation, we became nauseous from the smell. As my boyfriend put it, "it smells like a diaper bin." Not only that, it looked run down and very outdated. We felt that the rooms would be unsanitary, given the smell and appearance. We told the manager that we weren't staying there and were going to look for another motel. He said okay and we left. The next day, I noticed my bank card had been debited for the motel. I called the manager and he said that they had a 24 hour cancellation policy. At no time when we were in the lobby, did the manager ever mention this. He never told us we would be charged for the room if we didn't stay. I called my bank and they got the manager on the line. He ranted and raved and wouldn't even let me speak, so they had to disconnect him. I'm still trying to get this off my card. What a dishonest manager and a smelly motel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LM196512
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not brand new..The price range is good..The rooms are spacious.. I found the beds to be a little hard..This hotel sits in a very quite and peaceful area..Not a lot or morning or night time noise.. The staff is nice..Maid service is good..

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank cjc1977
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Very large rooms, friendly staff and a convenient restaurant make Gate One where I always stay in Briwnwood. Beats the chains by a mile.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Steve S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood
Holiday Inn Express Brownwood
Comfort Inn Early
Comfort Inn Early
#1 of 1 in Early

Been to Gate 1 inn? Share your experiences!