“Friendly staff, needs some small improvements...”

Hampton Inn Brownwood
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brownwood overnight for business. Upon checkin, I was welcomed and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

The room, however, is the reason for the poor rating. I expect hotels to be kept up nicely and just to clarify, I am a germ-a-phobe. Yes, the sheets and bedding are very clean as that's the hampton inn's policy, but do you need a sticky note on the bed post to tell me that? It seemed low rent. The second thing was the carpet. There was a 2 foot stain on the carpet right in the middle of the floor...not a comforting sight. When taking a shower after my long day, I noticed much caulking that needed to be redone as it was cracked and browning.

The breakfast was ok the next morning but the gravy was in a small crockpot. I just felt it was unprofessional and reminded me of a pot luck.

At the end of the day, this stuff isn't that hard to fix and a few small improvements would really benefit the room I stayed in. I did sleep very well and noticed the room to be quiet and there were no weird smells.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Nancy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments concerning your Stay at the Hampton Inn in Brownwood, Texas.

At this time the Hotel is undergoing some Improvements and I apologize for any incoveneince that may have been caused during your stay.

Once again Thank you for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Brownwood

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have stayed here before and in general this is an average Hampton. I alternate with the Holiday Inn Express up the road. I was there for a week and had two double bed rooms. The property was clean but one room had a musty smell. Maybe just too much air conditioning. The big issue was the pool hours. they allowed it to be open until eleven and when some sports teams requested it, they extended to 11:30. I had early mornings and this pool noise and associated hall traffic cost me sleep. Despite pleas to the staff this extension was granted multiple nights. Next time. I will be down the street at the HIE .

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank happyg68
Nancy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn in Brownwood, I am so very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced while you were our guest here.

We did have a team on property during your stay. I apologize for for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We really appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying here the next time you are in Brownwood when we will do everything we can to make your stay a quite and comfortable one.
Thanks so much for your comments.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have stayed here many nights in the last month and I was pleased with the hotel overall. The breakfast is good in the mornings they have to-go B-fast when your in a rush too. Some staff were more helpful than others but you find that everywhere. During the some of the weekdays (Mon-Wed maybe?)they have a happy hour with beer,box wine,and snacks. I did make a meal out of taquitos one night. The hotel is within walking distance of Subway,TCBY,Taco Bueno,McDonalds,and Chili's so you couldn't ask for a much better location in the center of town. The area seems very safe and I did not have any trouble with my vehicle while staying here. The rooms were spacious and comfortable feeling. Not as updated on the decor as some of the other Hamptons I have stayed at. I would recommend this place when staying in Brownwood.

Room Tip: I like the odd number rooms and try to get the first floor if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is one of the worst run hotels I have ever been to. We had a wedding the weekend of May 26, 2012. There were so many problems it is shocking. I worked with Gwen and I was assured everything was in order. I even stood at the desk with a list of names and dates and confirmed each reservation two weeks prior to the event. I found out on Friday May 25th that they had overbooked and had our guests standing in the lobby changing clothes to get to the rehearsal dinner. They told several guests that they did not have reservations and sent them to the Holiday Inn Express. They went as far as to remove one of our guests luggage on Saturday and tell them that they had a reservation for only Friday night. This is not a well run hotel. If staying in the Brownwood area try the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Both are quite close and much better run. Really, Hampton Inn, you have a problem!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Comfort Inn
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Nancy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time in providing your feedback regarding out Hotel. I am certainly disappointed the Wedding Group's stay was not all that it could have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Hotel and it's team for the problems that were experienced .
Our standard procedure for checkin times are 3pm daily.
The team members work very had to prepare the Guest rooms as quickly as possibe after the previous guest has vacated the room at 12pm.

During the time of your room block each guest was allowed to make their reservations personally for the amount of days that they chose for their stay. part of them were made for one night while most were for two nights, each reservation confirmation was emailed to each guest for their convenience.
Once again I hope you will accept my apologies and am so sorry for any inconveneince that may have been caused.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you find yourself in Brownwood, TX, the Hampton Inn is a great hotel to stay. The hotel and rooms are well appointed, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and they've made sure the basics that travellers are desiring are there - the free cookies and coffee in the lobby each afternoon; the small but adequate exercise room should you want to work off those cookies; ;a free, full hot breakfast in the morning, and an adequate outdoor pool (seasonal) on those hot TX days.
Be sure to ask for the discount rates if there for Howard Payne University events. The X-large queen bed rooms come with a microwave and small fridge and for a small town, the hotel offers big-city luxuries travellers are hoping for! I wish they had a jacuzzi on the premises and the price can be expensive if you don't have a discount. Only things I would improve on what is otherwise a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed in a 2 double bed room. It was huge. Could have put 3 more people on the floor and still had room to move around. Very clean. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Either relatively new or recently updated. Outside and inside are new and in good condition. The room had a microwave, fridge, mini kitchen sink, new bed with new bedding and a small workdesk. The room was a little smaller than expected but not big city small. Something to consider if you are traveling with a family though.

While the room was new some/much of the furnishings are not new or maybe a little on the low end side and they just haven't weathered well. The TV was an old school TV, the microwave stand seemed old. as did some of the items in the room. Most imporant the bed and bedding were new and very comfortable.

Internet was fast, free and very consistent. The room had plenty of outlets and the heat worked well in the room. Bathroom was also new with a tub/shower that had plenty of hot water.

A Chili's was across the street plus there were plenty of other food options including sit down and fast food. Multiple shopping options fairly close as well.

The hotel is a little off the main road so road noise was fairly limited but hallway noise was a little louder than expected.

The entire hotel including the room was very clean and every staff member I met was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was so-so. The eggs were aweful, sausage patties were okay. Waffles looked good but I didn't have any.

Business center had a couple of PCs and a printer plus there was a small exercise room as well as a small outdoor pool closed for the winter

Room Tip: take a room on top floor (3rd) towards the back to help reduce room noise
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#4 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Hampton Inn Brownwood? Share your experiences!