“Small Place, Big Sandwich = Great Experience”

Steves' Market and Deli
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Brownwood
Cuisines: Cuban, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Closed Sunday & Monday. Lunch Served Tuesday - Saturday (11am to 3pm) Handmade fresh soups and bisques. Creative big city sandwiches, prepared to order, on toasted focaccia panini bread. Small intimate dining for 18 with a "Green Facade" open air patio/waiting area next door. It's "quirky" and very Sandford and Son! Recognized in 1999, by Texas Monthly Magazine, as one of the Top 20 Small Town Texas Restaurants. A Deep in the Heart of Texas Fair Trade Retailer. Serving Republic of Tea since 1996. Serving Peace Coffee and Duncan Coffee for over ten years. Legendary Club Sandwiches: The Rae Bourbon, The Coach Paul Tyson, The Neva Paris, The Pat Tillman, The Morris Kight and The Spurlock.
Brownwood, Texas
“Small Place, Big Sandwich = Great Experience”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Now look everyone, you have to arrive early for lunch, otherwise you will have to wait until someone leaves. The place is small, but sort of cozy and the food is very good. The owner is there and in charge and keeps very busy. I had an office on 6th Street in Austin, and this place reminds me some of the places there. Everything I have evver had at Steve's has been made from scratch and very fresh! A great place to have lunch in Brownwood.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Eddy C

Zephyr, Texas
“Steve's is a favorite!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The two Steve's run a great little restaurant! The food is prepared very well by Steve the chef and served with a smile by the other Steve. They serve wonderful soups, salads, and sandwiches. The desserts are fabulous!

Visited August 2012
texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

been eating at steves' for years. amazing food and hospitality. the owners do alot to support brownwood with their generosity. it is a two person operation, so you may have to wait once in awhile but it is well worth it. can't miss when you dine here.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank caryleigh
Brownwood, Texas
“thoroughly disappointed.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After reading the reviews and hearing from my mom how good Steves' is, I decided to give it a try. After sitting in a dirty, dusty room that was easily the same temperature inside as it was outside, we were finally given a table. I ordered the Acai green tea because I am a green tea fanatic. This was pink water. Nothing more. We ordered and waiting a 30 minutes for a SALAD to arrive. During our wait, not once did the waiter come over and ask us if we needed anything. And, when we did ask for extra napkins, he brought 1 napkin. The food might be good, but the atmosphere was very uninviting. I looked at the person I was eating with and said 'I don't think he likes us very much'. And, sadly, she agreed. I understand having a quirky little sandwich shop. But I have never been made to feel so unwelcome and uncomfortable in an restaurant in my entire life. And I've eaten at the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC in pj bottoms, flip flops, and a hoodie while the table next to me is dressed for an awards show. I know a thing or two about awkward dining experiences and this was the worst.

• Visited July 2012
8 Thank ElPatioCanBlowMe
May, Texas, United States
“The Best Sandwiches”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I love the environment and the sandwiches and soups are all so great, I just can't pick one that is a favorite. All of them are....