“Personable and helpful hotel staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice touch in the room with some paper plates and cups and plastic cutlery in the cupboard. Karrie, Michael, Brandee and Chandler very hepful at the front desk. I needed some help connecting to the WiFi and Michael came right up to get me squared away. Karrie and Brandee very accomodating when I asked if some of the cold breakfast food items could be set out 15 minutes or so early, as the Team I was there with had to leave the hotel prior to their normal breakfast hours, and they had everything, both hot and cold, ready for us more than 30 minutes before their usual start time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a great property for me to patronize! First of all, the sales manager is a WONDERFUL guy! When I made the reservation for my room and the meeting room, he was cheery and full of information and ideas. When I arrived on the appointed date, he was ready to help me with my boxes and boxes that I had to bring in to the meeting room. He rearranged the room to my satisfaction and was right there to do whatever was necessary. After the meeting that I was holding concluded, he was there to load my car and give suggestions about an eating establishment! I could not have asked for better service. The young man at the check-in counter was very nice and polite and thorough as well. The sales director made concessions for my meeting room since I was going to stay at the hotel and said he would continue to do so when I was there. This is much different than the HIE in Big Spring. They charged me $20.00 per hour or $132.00 per day which I found somewhat unreasonable. Although I didn't spend the night, I was out of there in 3 hours at $60.00 which was $10 more than I paid HIE in Brownwood for the whole afternoon and evening. HIE in Brownwood is the best deal anywhere.

My room was clean, updated, came with a refrigerator and microwave, etc. All of the appointments were just as I would have imagined a HIE would or should be. The beds were very comfortable, and so were the pillows. I did not take advantage of the next day's breakfast only because I did not have the time to do so. But, the lobby and eating area were spotless as well.

I will patronize this hotel as long as I am with the company (Avon) and traveling to Brownwood on a monthly basis. They are wonderful.

Vicki Edwards-Hicks
Avon District Sales Mgr.
District 1775, El Dorado Division

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

...actually, it is the only place we stay at in Brownwood.
We never have to move on to another property, because the HI Express delivers every time we stay there!

Stayed one night, this past weekend.
They offered a special HPU rate. (call hotel to ask about this rate)

Customer service is excellent.
Genuine friendliness.

The room was immaculate.
I used the shampoo/conditioner provided in the room (never usually do this). It was surprisingly a good quality product.

This hotel is a super value.
Good price and good product.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My business partner and I stayed here and were very impressed over how neat, clean and modern the entire hotel was. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. We appreciated the little details such as our room being nice and cool when we entered the room, especially on a 90 degree hot day after travelling! I will reccommend this hotel to others in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jennibeth2
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the window unit style AC. We couldn't seem to get the temperature adjusted just right for the kids. Our kids loved the pancake maker they had instead of the typical waffle maker!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel is newer and compared to others in "the heart of Texas", it's pretty darn good. the staff was knowledgeable and very pleasant to work with. Rooms were as promised. There is a pool on premises and a visiotor's pass available to a local gym. The five star rating is for courteous staff, clean rooms and overall excellent experience. It's not the Ritz, but I vote it best in Brownwood.

Room Tip: Rooms are large. Handicap accesible room is enormous and right on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I will not stay at any other hotel in Brownwood. I only stay here. Stephanie and Karrie at the front desk are always great. They are always friendly and make it clear that they are there to help me with anything I need. Check-in is always fast and easy. The breakfast selection is always fresh and offers a wide variety to fit every need. The rooms are always outstanding and very clean. They also stock the room with everything I need. I would highly recommend this hotel. You feel just like you are at home with great customer service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
Hampton Inn Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#4 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood? Share your experiences!