“Two day retreat stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
A TripAdvisor Member
San Angelo, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a big group of us check in at the same time and only one person able to check us in. We would all be staying for two days. Lots of confusion on the price we had already been quoted over the phone. My room was not serviced and cleaned at all the following day. I had to ask for fresh towels. When I had checked in I had been told by "Sam" that I would be all paid for and clear when it was time for me to leave, just turn in thr keys. The morning of my departure a bill had been slipped under the door. I asked "Roman" at the front desk if I still owed money, he said yes that when I checked only one day had been billed. I had clearly told "Sam" that I would be staying two days. Also the muffins were expired and the apples and oranges were old.
Although all these things are not considered major problems, I just want you to know of these events of my stay.

Elva Rood

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 15, 2012

La Quinta Brownwood is one of only three decent hotels in Brownwood, but I have never been disappointed in the quality of the hotel or amenities. For the price and location, they have achieved a standard of quality that exceeds expectations and shows pride in their hotel and services.
I definitely recommend this hotel for business and personal stays.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at La Quinta for business recently. Opting to stay here versus a motel in Coleman, TX which was my destination.

I really liked the friendly staff and the convince to restaurants and shopping in the area. The accommodations were new and clean. I was very pleased with the arrival. It wasn't until the evening was nearing that the noise started. The spring hinged doors constantly slammed and you could even hear your neighbors talking on their cell phones in their rooms. I could also hear traffic from the parking lot and street just yards away.

The breakfast was good too. Simple and convenient. Overall I would stay here agin in the future and would recommend this to others.

Room Tip: Shop at Walmart just behind the hotel and pack your in room mini fridge with snacks!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EvanC
Reviewed July 2, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I spent two nights at the La Quinta and found it to be a perfect place for my business trip. Brownwood isn't that large, so any hotel on the main street is fairly accessible to all attractions. I was able to get the TX state employee rate, which made the La Quinta more affordable. The staff, both Kelly and Roman were very friendly. Roman went above and beyond by having the breakfast bar set up and ready to go early on Saturday. Granted it was the typical cereal, pastry, waffle items, everything was fresh. The room was very comfortable and clean. Only negative was the elevator broke down during the second day.

Room Tip: I think the third floor is reserved for pet owners. Recommend if you do not have pets, stay on the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Thank BOSTONJOE1949 .
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very nice 2 night stay. Hotel looks basic from outside, but inside the lobby and common areas are pleasant and clean. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Outstanding staff - friendly and efficient. My co-worker had a malfunctioning hair dryer in her room, and the front desk cheerfully got someone to replace it right away. Only quibble was that the breakfast is pretty standard, without many healthy choices. I would recommend this hotel for those heading to the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
Hampton Inn Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#3 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood? Share your experiences!