“Management gave partial refund after multiple maintenance and housekeeping problems”
Review of Flagship Inn

Flagship Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
East Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening for a one-night stay.

Our problems, in the order we discovered them:
- smoke detector off the wall, dangling by its wires;
- toilet seat unbolted from the toilet;
- bed that made a "boing" noise when I rolled over;
- wireless internet signal too weak to work;
- no separate blanket for the bed (we used the bedspread as a blanket);
- nightstand not next to the bed but about 5 feet away, apparently because of a too-short extension cord;
- bed with a sag in its center that made us roll into each other;
- tub stopper that, when lifted, came off in the hand;
- shower curtain not cleaned: when it was pulled into the tub, someone else's hair floated in the tub water.

The next morning, I discussed these problems with the management.

Management offered an apology and a $20 adjustment.

After further discussion, management and I agreed on a 50% discount.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Two_Wilsons
CCCovington, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize we did not exceed your expectations. We had hoped we had taken care of any guest issues to your satisfaction.

Thank you for letting us know about these items, as it only helps to make us a better hotel. Certainly we will address them immediately.

Thank you for staying at Flagship Inn, and we will hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently stayed at the Flagship Inn on the dates of 03/7/14 - 03-9/14. When I initially called and made the reservation, I booked a king smoking room on the 2nd floor. One week before I was scheduled to arrive I got a call from a very nice lady that said one of their long term customers had extended his stay and they were booked due to a wedding and track meet in town. She offered to upgrade me to a Queen Jacuzzi Suite for the same 69.00 for the King. I was absolutely impressed that they not only called me but upgraded my room at no additional cost. I had a great experience with all the staff. I talked to the manager of the hotel the day I checked in and he told me about the renovations that went on. The Jacuzzi is nice and I recommend staying in one if you can. The rooms have ceramic tiles floors, which is unusual and they are beautiful. The rooms are such that you don't hear anyone walking around upstairs or hear the people in the room next to you. Living in Arlington, I like to get out in the country and find a nice quiet place to stay and I will definitely come back to Flagship Inn. I enjoyed watching the sunset over the lake and watching ducks swim in the lake. The room was nicer than any room I have been in at any "chain" hotel. I will not stay anywhere else but Flagship Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the back of the property further away from the road. You have an incredibl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jkitchens79
Flagship_Inn, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Flagship Inn!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and your complimentary upgrade. We strive for great customer service, and we are always happy to be able to take care of our guests! We hope to see you again the next time you are heading this way!

Thank you again for staying with the Flagship Inn!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Let me start off with the price. The price was excellent! Compared to most other hotels around the Brownwood are! A hotel at 69$(prices fluctuate) is an A+ In my book for this quality. The location is a few miles away from town. That's the only negative thins I can think of. The rooms and cleanliness exceeded my goals. Walking into the room I was honestly breathless for the value! Service Was amazing as well

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank RollingJrab
Flagship_Inn, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Flagship Inn!
We're glad you were pleased with your stay, and we hope the value will be worth the few extra miles for you to stay with us the next time you are visiting Brownwood! We strive for excellence, so please let us know if there is any way we can improve our service! We look forward to seeing you again!

Thank you again for staying with Flagship Inn!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Passing through Brownwood on my way to Austin, I chose the Flagship Inn due to its extremely affordable rate (competitive with all chain hotels/motels in area). The staff was extremely courteous, greeted me by name, and even helped me to jump my truck when the battery was dead in the morning. The room itself was spacious, clean, and modern. Would highly recommend to anyone passing through the Brownwood area.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank iabernathy
CCCovington, General Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to let us know how we did. Flagship Inn is ever striving to give 1st Class service to all travelers. We are pleased we exceeded your expectations. We are always happy to help our guests with anything they need. We hope you choose Flagship Inn for all your travels in Brownwood
Thank you again!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Located north of Brownwood on the shore of Lake Brownwood, this hotel is very quiet and has nice views of the countryside. My check-in was fast, as I had called ahead, and the desk staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and attractively decorated and had m/w, frig, coffee maker, Iron, etc., and a nice TV. Wi-Fi was fast and easy to access. The bed was firm but comfortable. The pool looked nice, but no shade or umbrellas were evident when I was there mid-week. Breakfast was unusual, as I was told in the morning that they would make whatever I liked for breakfast. A great offer, but I had an early morning appointment in town. Better price than others of equal value in town and a great place to stay while visiting Lake Brownwood or Lake Brownwood State Park.

Room Tip: Upstairs pool-side rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank texasrepublichistory
Flagship_Inn, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing, and what we can improve on. Flagship inn is ever striving to provide the perfect guest experience. It was a pleasure having you stay with us
Clark Covington
Flagship Inn
Bovina TX
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the Flagship Inn. The price was great, but there were so many small touches that we usually see only in pricier hotels. From a well designed bath to a dressing area that is actually large enough to use the ironing board! Love the lemon scented soap and grooming kit. Staff was personable and very helpful. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LaJuana R
Flagship_Inn, General Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Flagship Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed our amenities. We are always working towards providing the best guest experience. We look forward to hosting your event in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just a short, and pleasant drive north of Brownwood. Excellent midweek frequent stayer rates.
People at front are friendly and do everything to show you that they really care that you are staying with them. Good WiFi, comfortable rooms, with flat screen tv, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator.
Now the BEST part... You choose your breakfast on the night you arrive (choices in both hot and cold), and pick a time you want it DELIVERED TO YOUR ROOM the next morning!!! Awesome!!!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Blazinpistol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#4 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!