All reviewscheck in and check out processroom was cleanhot breakfastgreat place to staybreakfast was excellentfridge and microwavemotel
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stayed at this motel for one night as we were just passing through.
The room was clean and well stocked. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. There were two sections to this motel; the main section and a second section across a narrow street. We stayed in the second one story section.
A simple breakfast was provided from 6:00 to 9:00. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They did match the price I found on-line.

Room Tip: Second section was across the street and was one story. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank your for your feedback. We appreciate your choice to stay with us. We truly want our guests to be comfortable and happy.

Our staff treats each guest like they are family. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that you choose us again if your travels take you this way.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Tried to cancel the reservation with the on site staff, was told I had to contact Expedia. Expedia hold was almost 40 minutes, extending me past the unbeknownst 4 PM deadline. I am advised that the hotel will be charging for a full night's stay. I realistically expect to pay a cancellation fee or penalty. Charging a guest for a full night's stay when they are a few minutes past the deadline breaks faith with the guest, is a terrible way to build trust and is just plain unacceptable as far as courtesy and goodwill.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank viverecatering
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Please accept or apologies. We understand your frustration in this matter.
However our policies are in place and enforced firmly when it is an event weekend.

I am truly sorry that you needed to cancel for any reason.

When it is not an event weekend, or a sold out weekend canceling is not a problem.

Thank you for your feedback, it is very appreciated.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

We stayed at this hotel for one night to break up the drive from Ruidoso to home. There are two sections to this hotel. Our room was in the second section, across the street from the main building. I was a little concerned considering the back of my truck was full of our camping equipment, however, none of it was disturbed overnight. The room was very neat and clean. We were all sleeping comfortably until the roofers showed up. At check out, when I complained to the on-duty supervisor, she quickly did what she could to make up for my dissatisfaction. While I did appreciate what she had done, I was still not happy. I was told she could only do so much and that I needed to contact Nisha Patel. I contacted Nisha several days later. After a short conversation on the phone, Nisha was extremely helpful and we quickly came to a satisfactory conclusion.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to provide the best service possible to our guests.

On your travels this way I hope that choose to stay with us again.
Once again, I apologize for the construction going on at your last visit with us.

Melba Smith

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Being in a small town there wasn't any competition. So I had to pay over $100 for an up stairs (no elevator) queen size room. I was not greeted a an Elite Member or was I offered a gift bag or extra points.. This hotel is not up to the Best Western standards.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

I apologize that your stay with us was not up to your and our standards. We always try and greet all of our guests that come into our hotel.

Our Elite members are important to us, and our business thrives on return guests.

Please accept my apologies on this matter and this will be taken care of.
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and if ever traveling through our way again, please give us another try.

Nisha Patel

Reviewed July 16, 2017

Stay was to provide break in long trip to visit kids. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Staff was friendly, cheerful, and helpful. The bedding was excellent. And the breakfast was great-hot waffles. sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs, cereal, breakfast pastries, yogurt, coffee, juices, and more. We love the typical 'West Texas hospitality.'

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to us that you tookj the time to send a review.

We appreciate that you have let us know about anything that was not satisfactory and have done our very best to remedy that.

Nisha Patel