All reviews check in and check out process room was clean hot breakfast great place to stay breakfast was excellent fridge and microwave motel
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Tried to cancel the reservation with the on site staff, was told I had to contact Expedia. Expedia hold was almost 40 minutes, extending me past the unbeknownst 4 PM deadline. I am advised that the hotel will be charging for a full night's stay. I realistically expect to pay a cancellation fee or penalty. Charging a guest for a full night's stay when they are a few minutes past the deadline breaks faith with the guest, is a terrible way to build trust and is just plain unacceptable as far as courtesy and goodwill.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank viverecatering
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Please accept or apologies. We understand your frustration in this matter.
However our policies are in place and enforced firmly when it is an event weekend.

I am truly sorry that you needed to cancel for any reason.

When it is not an event weekend, or a sold out weekend canceling is not a problem.

Thank you for your feedback, it is very appreciated.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

We stayed at this hotel for one night to break up the drive from Ruidoso to home. There are two sections to this hotel. Our room was in the second section, across the street from the main building. I was a little concerned considering the back of my truck was full of our camping equipment, however, none of it was disturbed overnight. The room was very neat and clean. We were all sleeping comfortably until the roofers showed up. At check out, when I complained to the on-duty supervisor, she quickly did what she could to make up for my dissatisfaction. While I did appreciate what she had done, I was still not happy. I was told she could only do so much and that I needed to contact Nisha Patel. I contacted Nisha several days later. After a short conversation on the phone, Nisha was extremely helpful and we quickly came to a satisfactory conclusion.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to provide the best service possible to our guests.

On your travels this way I hope that choose to stay with us again.
Once again, I apologize for the construction going on at your last visit with us.

Melba Smith

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Being in a small town there wasn't any competition. So I had to pay over $100 for an up stairs (no elevator) queen size room. I was not greeted a an Elite Member or was I offered a gift bag or extra points.. This hotel is not up to the Best Western standards.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

I apologize that your stay with us was not up to your and our standards. We always try and greet all of our guests that come into our hotel.

Our Elite members are important to us, and our business thrives on return guests.

Please accept my apologies on this matter and this will be taken care of.
Thank you for staying at our hotel, and if ever traveling through our way again, please give us another try.

Nisha Patel

Reviewed July 16, 2017

Stay was to provide break in long trip to visit kids. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Staff was friendly, cheerful, and helpful. The bedding was excellent. And the breakfast was great-hot waffles. sausage, biscuits & gravy, eggs, cereal, breakfast pastries, yogurt, coffee, juices, and more. We love the typical 'West Texas hospitality.'

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, General Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to us that you tookj the time to send a review.

We appreciate that you have let us know about anything that was not satisfactory and have done our very best to remedy that.

Nisha Patel

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This place is just ok and we have stayed here for one night at a time on several occasions when passing through however we have decided to stop in another town in the future. I'm not sure there is a nice hotel in Brownfield. Also we have yet to find a good restaurant in Brownfield other than Subway.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tyke555
Nisha P, Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2017

I am sorry that your stay with us at the Best Western Caprock Inn was not satisfactory to you. We work hard to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay.

Please accept our apologies on any problems that you have had.