“Stay at the Caprock”

Best Western Caprock Inn
Best Western Caprock Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brownfield
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Lubbock on football weekends is pricey, and two night stays are demanded. Just a short distance from Lubbock, in Brownfield, you can find excellent accommodations and not so many restrictions. The price is right too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you staying with us, we look forward in sreving you agian with same high quailty.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed in many Best Westerns and have never experienced anything like I did on 10-14-13. At about 8:00pm, after driving from El Paso, we decided not to drive on to Lubbock. We did not have a reservation. After a 10 minute wait for the persons in front of us to be checked in "due to a slow computer," I was told a room was available for $111. I thought that was high but we were tired and hungry. I gave the clerk my driver's license and credit card as she requested. She proceeded to "computer scan" my driver's license for my information. I have never experienced or heard of this in any hotel I have ever stayed worldwide. Her computer gave her incorrect information from the license, so she scanned it again. Again incorrect information only different. Now she had me booked for two rooms. She could not clear the computer because it was "frozen."

So she called her "boss" who told her what to do to void the computer. Her boss told her the reason for the computer snafu was because of my birthdate (1944). The computer would not recognize the scan because I was too old. The clerk then started entering my information by hand. The computer again would not take the information. Another phone call. She was told to enter the date of 10-14-13 for my birthdate and everything would work.

Thirty minutes had expired since I entered the lobby. At this point, I could have been in Lubbock. I obtained my license and credit card and left.

I immediately pulled across the street, parked, and called a Best Western in Lubbock, made a reservation giving my credit card information and drove to Lubbock. There they verified my card number I had given on the phone, looked at my license to see I was the same as on the credit card, and I went to my room paying substantially less for the room.

My advice is: if you pull into the parking lot of the Best Western Brownfield, quickly do a U turn and exit as fast as you can. Something is extremely wrong at this place. David G's review is right. Best Western needs to investigate this place.
David E

Room Tip: Go across the street or drive on to Lubbock.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DavidEllis1
Nisha P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Mr DavidEllis we would like to apologise to you about the checking in system. This hotel has drivers licience scanner simply for the guest address information and to speed up the check-in.However, in your case the system we use only goes to a certain birth age year and anyone below that year it gets confussed and rejects the scan. We have a good hotel and are sorry you had to drive into Lubbock.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

See review below by Ernestine B on 2/26/13. I had made a reservation on the Best Western website. When I got there, the clerk (Jessica) "couldn't find my reservation in the system" and started to try to book me in at the rack rate. After I showed a printed confirmation email, she played dumb and called her boss at home. Then she called their web support. When I told her I would go across the street to Holiday Inn Express and pay THEIR rack rate before I'd be rolled, my reservation miraculously appeared on her screen. Best Western needs to investigate this franchise.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank David G
Nisha P, Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Sir we are truley sorry for your booking error,this being due to internet issues. However, we had your reservation sent on the back up machine but the new employee was not aware of it but is now.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The key to the quality of this hotel is the property owner. She sees to it that everything is in order, and mandates that it be well run. I've never had anything but first rate service from this hotel overall.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much Mr Wilson, we look forward to seeing you every year.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great front desk staff, manager was concerned about the quality of our stay, breakfast came with the room and was excellent. Beds and rooms were clean and so comfortable. Worth every penny. There was even a local bar opposite our room and people were very friendly and welcoming, great for a winding down after being on the road all day. Loved this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Nisha P, Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

The pleasure was all ours,we enjoyed looking after you and the family members and hope you had a safe trip to your next destination. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Didn't look like much form the outside however we stopped because we were just too tired to continue. The hotel clearly an older hotel but the rooms are very nice. Nice, big rooms, comfortable bed, and a good breakfast. That being said, it is way to expensive. You are staying at a motor inn with outside rooms and no extra amenities such a you would get from an indoor hotel however you are paying the same price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Mr Robert,
We thank you for staying with us and were glad to note your stay was enjoyable except for the price. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good breakfast choices both hot and cold. Beds could be a little more comfortable. TV was good, flat screen. Mini fridge in room. Had issue with internet at first but that was resolved and no further issues.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Nisha P, Bestwesterncaprockinn at Best Western Caprock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We wish to thank you for finding time to respond and are looking at what we can do to make the beds more comfortable.