The Brooke Hotel
Residence Inn
$89
$172
$140
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went to rent a room at the dd's they called it now , the man at the front desk could not understand me and over charged me for a room . I was happy to see the improvements from the last time i was here and it was a days inn , front desk made my stay better by fixing my rate and making sure all my needs were taken care of . Would stay again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Disappointing and dirty cannot describe the horrible conditions at this motel. Everything described by other reviews were accurate. I will add that the "continental breakfast" was such a joke. Cereal in flip top containers where everyone has touched the spout, milk setting out and warm, no juice. Faucet handle came off in my hand. No thank you! I am so surprised that Days Inn would allow such a disgrace.

Room Tip: Always read the reviews before choosing a motel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The pictures on this page must have been when it first opened. This place is a dump. I came in to find a dead beetle in the sheets of the bed. No microwave and the refrigerator was not up to par.. no shelf no place to put in sodas . Just an old worn out used refrigerator. No near by ice machine. If so I hope its clean. The local store sold out dated good and drinks. I'll never come back.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank shericka
Reviewed September 19, 2011

A friend and I stayed here for a week to attend a Model Aviation Fly In (Bomber Fields Annual B-17 Gathering). We reserved a room six weeks in advance and were told at the time that the hotel was new. What a let down. The place is a recycled hotel with many rooms unfinished. As a matter of fact, the unfinished rooms were easy to identify as the drapes on them were drawn open. After arriving we were unable to be given a room close to the parking lot as initially promised. It was a lengthy walk back and forth to the room, which was a real pain due to having to lug a lot of equipment back and forth. Every night there was a bunch of what appeared to be “day workers” hanging outside of their rooms drinking beer. In the morning the grass area in front of the rooms are littered with beer cans. In fact it appears that there are many transients “living” at this hotel. On the first night my roommate actually had to pick the fleas off of his body. After complaining about this, no more fleas were experienced. In the room directly next to ours was a woman living in her room with no less than four cats. I do not dislike cats; as a matter of fact I like them. I just do not like them howling at my door at four o clock in the morning. The linens were only changed once during our five-day stay. My bath towel and bed sheet had cigarette burn holes in them. After checking out the “free continental breakfast” I decided to eat at Denny’s down the road. The Internet connection was adequate as was the water pressure. The bathroom and room itself could have been much cleaner, plus the broken down lawnmower in front of the room did not help with the ambiance. The pool looked and smelled of chlorine so strongly; I believe if I were to go swimming that my skin would burn off. Lastly the A/C unit worked OK, however whenever it came on, it sounded like a freight train was coming through the wall. Two additional friends stayed at this hotel as well and expressed many of the same issues that we had. As far as pricing goes, the rate is lower than the surrounding hotels. Next time I go to this event, I’ll spend the extra twenty bucks a night for a better and cleaner establishment.

Room Tip: If offered a room in the rear do not accept it. Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Damon A
Reviewed September 19, 2008

According to the owners the place is being remodelled. I could not tell that anything had been done to the place to make it even a semi-decent place to stay.The place is extremely rundown and gave me a bad feeling even being near the rooms. My wife and I are displaced by Hurricane Ike, so we would not be too picky. We were looking for something clean and safe. Carefree Inn is literally a dump not fit to stay in

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple