“Man....it's good”

Ernesto's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Brookshire
“Man....it's good”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped to get gas a couple of exits down. Check my reviews and decided that I would try. Building is old and place is small. Would have not gone in if had not read other reviews. GLAD I did. GREAT food and Salsa was some of best I ever had. This place has changed my criteria for Mexico food. Service is not fast. Food is spicy. Not for the weak at heart. Will set in my favorites.

1 Thank reauction

Houston, Texas
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just passing through and wanted Mexican food, what a great find this was. Had the fajitas and they were amazing. The salsa was the best I've ever had. Dont let the look of the outside deter you, it was really, really good.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank mom2tomany
Tulsa
“Great little place!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this place! We were on our way from Houston to San Antonio on the bikes and it was pouring rain w/ 30 MPH winds. We came across this place and decided to wait the rain out for a bit. They were absolutely wonderful! They let us pull the bikes up under their porch (obviously no one was sitting out there w/ the rain), spread our leathers out to dry on a couple of the booths and even brought us out warm towels to dry the bikes. The food was good, but the over all service for 4 bikers was even more impressive!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank talsassy
Glasgow
“Don't Let The Outside Scare You Away....”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were really hesitant to stop because this place does look a little run down on the outside. But once you enter, it really is very clean and nicely decorated. It is a shame they don't spruce up the outside a bit more because this place really has great food. The first place we have been in a while that has great EVERYTHING. The chips and salsa are perfect. The guacamole is made fresh and taste amazing. The flour tortillas are made fresh and they are the best I've ever eaten. The steak fajitas are great. They are tender seasoned steak strips with grilled onions. The beans and rice are cooked perfect. We really enjoyed this Texas favorite. The portion size was pretty big. My husband and I shared a single portion. For single serving $10.50 and for two $19.95

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sheri H
Port Saint Joe, Florida, United States
“Best mexican food along _I-10”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We have traveled I 10 from Fl to Ca many times. We happened upon this small ordinary looking restaurant when we stayed across the street at La Quinta. My husband says Aldolpho ( real cook) serves the absolute best refrijolas of anywhere. Not your typical paste bean. I especially enjoyed the fajita lunch. The steak is actual strips of meat and not shredded or ground.

Visited January 2014