“Wonder...just wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brenham
Brenham House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Brenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The 3rd annual Uptown Swirl Event brought us to our first visit to the charming little town of Brenham TX. Now I have to admit, and my reviews will show this, I'm typically not the B&B type...my wife is. I prefer a suite at a 5 star hotel however the Waldorf Astoria of Brenham was all booked up : )
We began our B&B search with a couple of objectives in mind. First we, of course, wanted great reviews and secondly we wanted a place close enough to downtown so we could walk. With our criteria the choices quickly came down to two establishments. The first was #3 on Travel Advisor and was basically 'in" downtown Brenham...the photos of the rooms looked beautiful however the outside seemed like an apartment complex. In reality it was really an "Inn" and not the traditional B&B that is located in an historic home that we were looking for. Numero Uno on Travel Advisor is The Brenham House, it was walking distance and was in an actual home. I guess what truly sold me was the reviews...They were indeed #1 and had almost twice the reviews as the next couple of B&B's. I don't think I have ever seen a ratio of ratings like this place. Out of the 265 reviews 250 were rated Excellent, 14 were Very Good and only 1 average...and if you read that review it seems like the reviewer was extremely happy.
We decided to go for it and were very lucky they actually had a vacancy on the night we needed. We booked online via their website for the Bluebonnet Room. We called the B&B a couple of times prior to our arrival to ask a question about the tourism and to ask for a bit of an early check in. Both times the proprietors were friendly and accommodating. Susan even gave us the name of a local pet sitter for our Malitpoo that was open on Sunday for us to pick her up.
We arrived at 1pm after the kennel and the customary trip to the Blue Bell Creamery. Both Susan and James introduced themselves and showed us our room and gave us very good directions to work all the locks, the cable TV, the DVD and showed us their collection of free DVD's for our use. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of our room and that it had a private entrance and bathroom...nice! Also loved the fact that they gave their guests free WiFi...it drives me crazy when places don't offer WiFi or worse, charge for it in this day and time!
They had just finished remodeling the bathroom in our room, and I mean JUST finished, it was wrapped up an hour before we arrived. They added and very nice large enclosed shower complete with period tiling and a glass door.
We parked in the private parking in the back (also hate places that only have street park) and used our private entrance to bring in our belongings.
We had a bit to wait till the fest began downtown so we sat back and relaxed...my wife grabbed a couple of comedies from the DVD's and I searched for places to eat on my iPad. We made the short 8 minute walk to downtown and spent the next few hours taking in all Brenham has to offer along with the Uptown Swirl.
We came back to the B&B after dark about 8:30 and it was very quite and well lite. We watched some more DVDs and fell asleep on what could have been the most comfortable twin bed I have ever slept on...nice quilt and sheets as well.
I'm an early riser so I got up showered and planned on taking advantage of the one serve coffee machine that's available for the guests. It was nice to see that James had already had a full fresh pot of coffee ready bright and early. I sat and chatted with he for a few minutes as my mouth was watering smelling aroma of breakfast pouring out of the kitchen. James is an engaging man, very easy to speak with and intelligent. He has the ability to interact with his guests without being intrusive to your holiday. One thing I noticed as their guests arrived for breakfast is the fact that he remembers each person by their first names. I try to do the same in my business and I think people surely appreciate that personal care.
Breakfast was served exactly on time...9:00am. As we all sat down I noticed just how nice the table Setting was. All sparkling china sitting on gold chargers, very nice and polished silver, crystal stemware all sitting upon a double linen table cloth. I'm a perfectionist and tend to notice the "little things" and attention to detail. The silverware was place perfectly, the stemware was aligned as if it was set by Martha Stewarts herself. There was even a small crystal riser to set your knife on to keep the blade off the linen. Finally each couple had small salt and pepper containers between their place settings, this would allow you to use what you like without bothering others and continually passing items over your food.
Ice water was already in the glasses and James asked and pored each person a glass of fresh orange juice into another crystal high stemmed glass. The main dish arrived and as a true gentleman James served the Ladies first then the men...all politely and served over the correct shoulder. We were served a lovely breakfast casserole with ham, egg and other ingredient's also on the plate were home grown seasoned cherry tomato's and grilled potato's. The second course was a very fresh home made thickly sliced zucchini bread and whipped butter on the side. EXCELLENT! I do have to admit that even though the breakfast was incredible I personally was looking forward to a traditional breakfast. I knew that in his past profession James was a professional baker and since I heard that I had been dreaming of homemade buttermilk biscuits! LOL But seriously no complaints what-so-ever.
During breakfast both James and Susan were present tending to everyone's needs all the while speaking to us and answering questions.
BTW...when you stay there ask about the history of The Brenham House...fascinating but I'll leave the history lesson to James.
After breakfast we said our goodbyes, returned the keys and headed back home. We completely enjoyed our stay at The Brenham House and plan to return in the near future. Thanks again to James and Susan for a wonderful time and accommodations.

Room Tip: If you need twin beds get the Blue Bonnet Room with the private entrance but I think the best room i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HappyInnkeepers, Owner at Brenham House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

We are so glad that y'all enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for your kind words. We love what we do and it is guests like yourselves that make our profession so great. We do hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We Came to town for the Wine Swirl and were lucky to have stayed at the Brenham House. Our room was very cozy and comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the hosts were friendly and fantastic. You won't be disappointed with a stay here!!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HappyInnkeepers, Owner at Brenham House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

We are so glad you had a great experience. The Brenham Uptown Swirl has really become popular in just three short years. We get so excited to see the bustling downtown. All of the shops are full and people are enjoying themselves, with their friends. It gives you a chance to purchase wines you enjoy sampling and want to take home with you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will have an opportunity to come back for another swirl!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We've been coming to this B&B for the past several years. James and Susan Lopez are wonderful hosts and excellent chefs. The B&B is like our home away from home, it is that homey and comfortable. James and Susan know about the events going on in the surrounding area and give great advice on fun things to do, shopping, and dining out. If you want to stay in, there are hundreds of TV channels (satellite), movies (DVD library), books, games, and more. We look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: They have different size beds in different rooms. If you have a need or concern, ask!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fireplug66
HappyInnkeepers, Owner at Brenham House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

It was so good to see you both. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Brenham House. As always it was our pleasure to host you at Brenham House. Please do come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a very comfortable relaxing time! After spending the WHOLE day with the airline trip (not mentioning United Airlines) with their fiasco. Then spending the travel from Houston, traffic ...ugh! (people complain about Calif freeways) the best part of the day was to enter in the front door and feeling very welcome! Our room was fantastic, slept comfortably, & the breakfast (yummy!). The other guests were very nice. (Oh, thanks for the recommendation, I got my boots!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
HappyInnkeepers, Owner at Brenham House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed our small town, with a slower pace. We are also glad that you chose Brenham House Bed and Breakfast for your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife Doris and I (Ron) have probably stayed in about 20 B&B's over the year. Brenham House was the best yet! Clean rooms, excellent food, great hospitality. We will definitely return!
Ron and Doris Berry, Arlington, Texas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HappyInnkeepers, Owner at Brenham House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Doris and Ron it was so good to meet you all! We are glad you found us and chose to stay with us at Brenham House Bed and Breakfast. We hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back to see us when you are back our way.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had some business in Houston, and couldn't bear another pricey night at a crowded chain hotel so we booked the Robin's Nest room online. We had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, so we didn't know what to expect. The owner's phoned to welcome us on the day of our visit. Our room was perfectly clean and beautifully decorated. I had never had such a great breakfast experience either. Juice from goblets, and breakfast served like fine dining. I loved it. I loved meeting the other guests as well. James and Susan have converted us. I'll never stay at the Best Western again! I highly recommend the Brenham House.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We so love our profession and it was our privilege to host you in our bnb. Please keep us in mind if you are back our way.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have been talking about checking out Brenham for a while now - so for our 33rd Anniversary we decided to make a weekend of it. The Brenham House is a great B&B. Very comfortable with a very pleasant atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay a lot and will be back for sure. The room we had was very large, with separate seating/Library room. Fresh cookies and a wonderful breakfast makes you feel right at home. You can not go wrong by making this one of your stops in Central Texas.

Room Tip: I believe the Brenham House has what ever size room you would want - ours was more than we needed fo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh S

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love having y'all stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed yourselves. It is great guests like yourselves that make our profession so rewarding. Please come back our way soon!