“Overnight with three grandkids”

BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Brenham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Temple, Texas
“Overnight with three grandkids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

After taking the Blue Bell Ice Cream tour, we headed to the Best Western, I was pleasantly surprised by the room amenities. The receptionist thoughtfully put us close to the office, the snack machines and pool, which rated highly with me. There were towels at the pool which was a nice convenience. The room was clean, the pool was clean and the breakfast was super nice. The kiddoes especially enjoyed making their own waffles!

It's difficult to get to with all the road construction, but it was more than I expected. The little restaurant next door didn't take credit cards, but the food was pretty decent.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are probably quieter since this motel faces the highway and construction is ongoin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon D
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so glad you and your grandchildren enjoyed your visit. We understand how frustrating the highway construction can be; please don't hesitate to call us for anything, including directions around town, next time you're in the Brenham area. Any one of our clerks would be quite happy to help you. Have a wonderful day,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This Inn has it's share of pros and cons.

PROS: I have stayed here before. The staff are very nice and helpful. They are always willing to help you locate a restaurant, store, or something to do. The rooms are decent, since the status upgrade to "Plus" they have been doing some upgrades which are nice. The beds are quite comfortable.

It is just a short drive to the Bluebell Creamery.

CONS: There is a lot of road construction right now, so the hotel is a bit tricky to find. There is no elevator, so if you are up stairs be prepared to carry your bags. If your room is beside one of the bright lights, be prepared for bugs at night.

Wrap: Once the construction is completed and the hotel has finished all of its upgrades, it will be much easier to get to and have some nice amenities. Not quite a "BW Plus" type of hotel yet, but the folks working there make up for its downside.

Room Tip: Outside lights by the pool seem to attract more bugs in the evening.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Jimmy S
Thank you so much for staying with us, as well as for your review. Telling us what you like and/or dislike provides us with valuable information that we consider as we strive to better our hotel. Your business is truly appreciated. We're constantly working on improvement and sincerely hope that next time you're in the Brenham area you'll allow us the pleasure of serving you and your family again.

Guest Relations Manager
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 10 days as well as my brother-in-law and his family. The breakfast is great, something for everyone. Perfect to start your day off right. The beds were the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in from a hotel. I didn't miss my bed at home as much as i thought i would. We took advantage of the pool everyday, and had a great time because we didn't have to share much with any other guest. The water was a little warm for my taste but what do you expect from 90 degree days and we all know what that texas humidity is like. The staff was very professional and friendly. Our room was stocked everyday and the housekeepers were on schedule so we kind of got an idea when to leave for the day or a hour or so. We got a good extended rate and the price was right!! Definitely would recommend this BW to everyone! Oh and one other thing, the rooms are very quiet. Can't even hear people walking past your door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We're so glad you and your family chose to stay with us during your recent visit to Brenham. Please give us a call or visit our website anytime you're looking to visit our area; we look forward to serving you in the future.
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the great reviews it received here on Tripadvisor. I am a bit torn on what star rating to give it, as with any hotel, because it really comes down to what you need/want in your stay. I liked that the king room in which I stayed was spacious, clean and quiet. It was upstairs on the back side of the hotel, so we hear no traffic noise whatsoever and despite quite a few cars in the parking lot, we heard no other people: no doors slamming, no talking, no TV noise. This also may be due to the air conditioner unit, which had an option to keep the fan on, which was a nice, subtle white noise in the background. I wish every hotel had that! The bathrooms are tiny (about 5 feet by 5 feet) with a shower/tub and toilet. I do like that they had an exhaust fan, as so many hotels these days do not have a way to get that damp air cleared out after a shower. The showers had plenty of hot water at good pressure. Breakfast was good for a Best Western with reputable cereal brands, fresh fruit, yoghurt, breads, make-your-own waffle machine, hot eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc. I also liked that they had a water machine in the breakfast room as well. When checking in, you can get free bottles of water and cookies. They also had a hot dog cooker, but nothing cooking this Thursday evening.

What I didn't like was what pulled my review down. I really needed internet and they supposedly had free wifi, but I was unable to connect. They give you a password, but neither my laptop nor my ipod could ever get to where the password could be entered. I called the front desk and the very friendly person there told me that the place to enter the password "should just pop up". That was the extent of the technical assistance. There is a public use computer down in the lobby, but I needed to use the software on my computer. So that was disappointing, as wifi access was part of my reason for choosing this hotel. The pool was also unavailable during my stay, though that was not a deal-breaker.

Otherwise, a decent hotel. A few things of note is that the rooms are all exterior doors, if that is important to you, and their is no elevator access to the second floor. If I didn't need internet, I'd probably go back, but if you visit relies on connectivity to the web, you may need to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choosing a hotel on the backside of the hotel should result in no highway traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KiwiUsa
, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your trouble with our wifi. We have very recently taken steps to improve our signal and connectivity. We hope you would consider staying with us again to give us the opportunity to provide you with the exceptional product and customer service that you deserve.

Guest Relations
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am still trying to think of something to write... it was nice, a little noisy, but nice.

This was a quick stop over on a longer trip, apparently so quick that I am struggling to think of what was wrong, or what was good.
Super easy to find, right off the highway. Service was ok, staff was bored, but attentive. Bottled water and hot dogs on arrival (I did not attempt the dogs). I had a catered dinner and breakfast provided by co-workers, so I did not get to see the meals they had.
Rooms are typical, clean, spacious and have a nice big TV with a good picture. The pool is outdoor and attracts a crowd in the Texas afternoon, which made the room a little noisy.

Overall, another safe bet in Texas.

On a side note, I was "fortunate" to meet the Washington County Sheriff's Department (not really by my choice). These guys were really helpful and provided a positive image of Law Enforcement. Thanks fellas!!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the pool side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing Best Western and taking the time to leave a review. On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apology for not giving you the stellar service that you deserve and we strive for. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Dickinson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here again after visiting the Roundtop Antique show. Hospitality at its finest! The new breakfast room was a great addition. Looking forward to our next trip to see you.

Room Tip: King Suite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mustang2012
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so glad you chose to stay with us again! We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future during your next visit to Brenham. We're constantly working on improving our hotel in order to provide our lovely guests with the best stay possible. Thank you for choosing Best Western. Have a great day!

Lampasas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Room was clean, nothing fancy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LampasasRiver
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing Best Western! We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel; having feed-back from our guests helps us to make every stay at Best Western Plus of Brenham is a wonderful, pleasant one. We sincerely hope that you'll decide to stay with us whenever you're in Brenham. Have a great day,

Allison S.
Guest Relations Rep
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brenham
Coach Light Inn Brenham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brenham South
Summit Inn & Suites
Summit Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Hempstead

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn of Brenham? Share your experiences!