“Blessings...Lighten Up!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Brenham
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having lived in Brenham for many years, I found Blessings review offensive and over the top. Must Be Heaven is a local favorite, and nothing needs to change. It is not dirty, the furnishings are fine and the food is excellent. Great sandwiches and pies, not to mention the ice cream parlor with fresh Blue Bell straight from the plant. I understand the purpose for reviews, but to go on and on and on about things to this extent is uncalled for.

1  Thank mark h

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I eat here a lot for lunch. The sandwiches are great on homemade bread. They make a great quiche also. The owners are friendly and accommodating. Their pies are the best ever! This is a great lunch place.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a homey type restaurant in downtown Brenham. There is an old ice cream bar that sets the tone as you enter with a case of Blue Bell flavors right beside it! It is self-service as you go through a line to place your order and it is delivered to you before you leave the counter. Really! The soups are excellent. The sandwiches are on homemade bread. The pies are the kind you order for family dinners from the day you eat the first one. We're particularly fond of the coconut cream. There is a children's menu. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank AggieEducator
Reviewed February 27, 2014

we went to tour the Blue Bell creamery and ck out the town of Brenham. Had a nice "old school" type lunch at the Must Be Heaven café. charming, good food, and right in the middle of the historic district for walking and exploring and shopping. well worth the adventure.

1  Thank HEBtraveler
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Where do I start?
1. The place is dirty. There are so many old things sitting around, that I don't see how they can keep it clean.
2. As you wait in line and approach the area to order, there is a counter strewn with pamphlets and business cards. It's a mess and unappealing.
3. The menu is boring - sandwiches - that I could make at home. Soups that lack any personality.
4. Pie - the whole reason we came here was for 1 person in our party to have a piece of pie. It must have been good, because she ate it before she ate her sandwich!
5. The lighting was terrible. The glare from the front plate glass window was horrific. We all wanted to put on our sunglasses.
6. I ordered the 8 bean soup. It was literally broth and about 20 beans. REALLY!
One lady in our group ordered the salad with chicken - she said it was horrible - the chicken tasted funny.
7. The sponge painted apple tree on the wall was so out of date. And what's the deal with the ladder in the corner? The whole interior needs to be gutted and updated. Get rid of the paneling and old booths. Get tables that are the correct height. These tables were either too tall, or your chairs were too short. Over lunch we were sitting and talking about Robert Irvine and the show Restaurant Impossible. We could just imagine what he would say if he went to this place and what changes he would make.
8. I'm sure there was a time that this was a really cool place to go to eat. But, it's way past those days.
9. I hope the owners see this. Walk into your restaurant with new eyes. Take a look at the dust, dilapidated interior and update it! Change your boring menu and put some things on there that people in this day and age would like to eat. Get a new chef! I was so uncomfortable the whole time I was in there - I couldn't wait to leave.

2  Thank blessings