“Worn and dirty with boring food”
Review of Must Be Heaven

Must Be Heaven
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Brenham
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Where do I start?
1. The place is dirty. There are so many old things sitting around, that I don't see how they can keep it clean.
2. As you wait in line and approach the area to order, there is a counter strewn with pamphlets and business cards. It's a mess and unappealing.
3. The menu is boring - sandwiches - that I could make at home. Soups that lack any personality.
4. Pie - the whole reason we came here was for 1 person in our party to have a piece of pie. It must have been good, because she ate it before she ate her sandwich!
5. The lighting was terrible. The glare from the front plate glass window was horrific. We all wanted to put on our sunglasses.
6. I ordered the 8 bean soup. It was literally broth and about 20 beans. REALLY!
One lady in our group ordered the salad with chicken - she said it was horrible - the chicken tasted funny.
7. The sponge painted apple tree on the wall was so out of date. And what's the deal with the ladder in the corner? The whole interior needs to be gutted and updated. Get rid of the paneling and old booths. Get tables that are the correct height. These tables were either too tall, or your chairs were too short. Over lunch we were sitting and talking about Robert Irvine and the show Restaurant Impossible. We could just imagine what he would say if he went to this place and what changes he would make.
8. I'm sure there was a time that this was a really cool place to go to eat. But, it's way past those days.
9. I hope the owners see this. Walk into your restaurant with new eyes. Take a look at the dust, dilapidated interior and update it! Change your boring menu and put some things on there that people in this day and age would like to eat. Get a new chef! I was so uncomfortable the whole time I was in there - I couldn't wait to leave.

2  Thank blessings

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a fun place to eat. The BLT sandwich had the most bacon I've ever had in a BLT. It was so good! The French dip is one of the two best my husband has ever had. The warmed bourbon chocolate pecan pie is not to be missed. If you are in Brenham, do not miss Must Be Heaven.

1  Thank TXTraveler812
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Enjoyed a very tasty tunasalad sandwich. Decor is old and has plenty for visitors to look at. Room is big and well suited for groups and families.

1  Thank enur1979
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had to laugh when the line to order was 50 people deep; however, service is fast, and the wait is worth the quality of the food! Can't go wrong eating here.

1  Thank SheriHW
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We don't make a day trip to Brenham with out having lunch at Must Be Heaven! Great sandwich, soup and salad place. And make sure you save room for dessert...or do like we do and take a couple pieces of pie home!