Where do I start?
1. The place is dirty. There are so many old things sitting around, that I don't see how they can keep it clean.
2. As you wait in line and approach the area to order, there is a counter strewn with pamphlets and business cards. It's a mess and unappealing.
3. The menu is boring - sandwiches - that I could make at home. Soups that lack any personality.
4. Pie - the whole reason we came here was for 1 person in our party to have a piece of pie. It must have been good, because she ate it before she ate her sandwich!
5. The lighting was terrible. The glare from the front plate glass window was horrific. We all wanted to put on our sunglasses.
6. I ordered the 8 bean soup. It was literally broth and about 20 beans. REALLY!
One lady in our group ordered the salad with chicken - she said it was horrible - the chicken tasted funny.
7. The sponge painted apple tree on the wall was so out of date. And what's the deal with the ladder in the corner? The whole interior needs to be gutted and updated. Get rid of the paneling and old booths. Get tables that are the correct height. These tables were either too tall, or your chairs were too short. Over lunch we were sitting and talking about Robert Irvine and the show Restaurant Impossible. We could just imagine what he would say if he went to this place and what changes he would make.
8. I'm sure there was a time that this was a really cool place to go to eat. But, it's way past those days.
9. I hope the owners see this. Walk into your restaurant with new eyes. Take a look at the dust, dilapidated interior and update it! Change your boring menu and put some things on there that people in this day and age would like to eat. Get a new chef! I was so uncomfortable the whole time I was in there - I couldn't wait to leave.