“Peaceful & Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brenham
Murski Homestead B&B
Ranked #4 of 6 Brenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I give props to my girlfrield for picking such a wonderful place for a get-a-way weekend. We have never been to a bed and breakfast so we didn't know what to expect. Pam Murksi went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Breakfast was at our convienence and delicious!!!! It was a very well kept home, and she was very helpful when it came to places to eat and things to see. I would recomend again and again, and will return at our next bed and breakfast.

Stayed: February 2008

Reviewed February 18, 2008

For Christmas this year, my boyfriend gave me a cooking class and a night the Murski Homestead B&B. It was better than I could have imagined! The cooking class very fun and informative - and delicious! Pam really knows her way around the kitchen. The small class size and hands-on environment helped us learn skills that we use everyday now. Pam and her husband, Tom, also provided great company as well!
The room was beautiful, the bed comfy, and the view was splendid.
It was a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of Houston. We are planning to go again and would recommend other people to do so as well!

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Pamela is one of those people you just can't help but like and learn from. She is a beautiful and interesting woman with lots of experiences and a knack for passing them on as a way of life! She and her family are hospitable and make you feel so welcome in a very normal and comfortable way (they don't hover and aren't nervous, but REALLY take care of you). I went with a friend for the cooking class and to stay in the house and we enjoyed every minute. In fact, they seemed surprised on Sunday when we had cleared out of the room, but were reading on the porch. It's that kind of place! It's ideally located near Brenham, but definitely in a country atmosphere where you can enjoy all the benefits of getting away and relaxing. My friend and I had a great time cooking with Pamela and catching all of her tips and the confidence and intuition with which she moves through the kitchen. We already can't wait to go back with our husbands, moms or each other some day! I could go on and on, but the final thing is that I haven't slept that well in years (I have 3 kids) and I haven't relaxed that well in years, but it was worth the wait. Oh, and she is not stingy with her portions and of course, she is an amazing cook. Ok, I'll stop.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed February 11, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful time staying at this rustic and quaint B&B. The history of the homestead is fascinating and the remodeling is eccletic. I had the pleasure of a cooking class with the owner, Pam, which was arranged secretly by my husband. What a great surprise! She taught me some valuable cooking tips and we made one of my now all time favorite dishes, Stateside Cheddar soup. My husband and I enjoyed the cozy sage room and the serene look outside our window. We are thankful for Pam's hospitality and a chance to revive our love life after having our precious baby girl, Gwyneth. -Matt and Emily Butler

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Ok, for you folks that are trying to decide where to stay while in the Brenham area, you should look no further.

I predominently stay only in B+B's while touring the state of Texas and have now found a place that I can say I would enjoy in return to.

Pamela opens her home by providing an atmosphere of elegence yet simplicity, hospitality, privacy, a gourmet breakfast (dinner*) and a part of the countrysite to walk and clear ones head of the previous weeks frustrations.

Haven't figured out yet how Pamela trains the livestock to meander up and moooo just at 7:00 AM each morning but it is plus to the setting.

Hats off to a family that can define the word Excellence.

Jim Gray
Boston/Houston

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 4, 2007

My husband and I had a lovely stay at this historic house just outside Brenham. It feels like you are in the country, but is only about five minutes from Brenham's mainstreet. After shopping and dining, we liked watching the cows. The Murski's provide many appealing common areas; we enjoyed sitting on the front porch swing, the back patio, and the enclosed porch. Our room was attractive and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. We could have happily stayed the week...

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Reviewer: M. Fraser - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dates: November 2-5, 2007

We had the opportunity to stay at the Murski Homestead B&B for four days and enjoyed every aspect of it. The location provided a tranquil setting, the eclectic furnishings and historical data were interesting, the food was excellent and the hospitality shown was outstanding. The cooking class given by Pamela Murski to the two gentlemen in our group was informative and fun, and the meal they produced was a gourmet delight. The special breakfast and special picnic lunch lasted us through several meals! For a relaxing holiday we would highly recommend the Murski Homestead B&B.

Stayed: November 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brenham
24 mi away
#7 of 11 in Brenham
Coach Light Inn Brenham
Coach Light Inn Brenham
#3 of 11 in Brenham

Been to Murski Homestead B&B? Share your experiences!