“Worth a Stop”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worth a Stop”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

While waiting in line I saw several signed celebrity photos thanking "Big Daddy" but the signage on the highway invites you to stop at Nathans. I think Nathans is the new name. Stopped on my way to Austin on a Sunday afternoon. Folks were lined up about thirty to forty deep but the wait was no more than about 15 minutes. I ordered a sliced beef and a sliced pork sandwich. Both were very good. The sauce used here is a sweet sauce similar to a Kansas City style. I like it so no complaints. The sandwiches were good, the staff business like but not unfriendly, and the dining area very clean. Lots of happy kids and families. There is also an area for dining outside. I've made special trips or gone out of my way to eat at places I've really enjoyed. I wouldn't do that for Nathans but I would definitely stop again if it was on my way. Hint: If you want take out go directly to the register to order.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Joan C

Houston, Texas
“Solid Texas BBQ”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I decided to give Nathan's BBQ a try on my way from Austin to Houston. A few other people in front of me were also first timers to the restaurant so they gave us a sampling of all their meats: sausage, pork, beef, brisket, and chicken (which was surprisingly good). I ended up getting a brisket sandwich with a side of potato salad. The brisket was delicious and very well complimented by their BBQ sauce, which wasn't too watery and pretty flavorful. The potato salad was decent, but nothing to write home about and was very heavy on the mayo and no other flavoring. Overall, Nathan's BBQ was pretty good and the staff was friendly.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Ana P
“Good Texas BBQ.....”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a trip from Austin at a recommendation from a nearby store clerk. Restaurant was clean and good family atmosphere. It was connected to gas station/convenience store right off the expressway. I ordered a rib dinner. I was disappointed with the ribs. They were very tough and chewy. I think I got the ends from several slabs instead of center pieces. The sauce, beans, and cornbread were excellent. The potatoe salad a little to creamy for my taste. Next trip I will request fresh ribs cut from a slab instead of leftover pieces from other slabs. Staff was courteous and helpful. By the way my wife enjoyed her meal.

1 Thank KidInfiniti
Austin, Texas
“Also Nathan's Barbecue”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten at Nathan's twice. Both times had their brisket, but it was too grizzly. Maybe i just got a bad cut each time, but i was a little disappointed. The sausage is pretty good. Location is real convenient when traveling from Austin to Houston.

San Antonio, Texas
“Good Q”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We liked the reviews we read so we decided to see for ourselves. We were not disappointed. While not a fancy place, after all it is barbeque, the food was great, I had the stuffed potato, and my husband had brisket and pork. It is a very casual place. While we were eating we got to enjoy "the piano man" who entertained us. The whole experience was great!