“Fantastic pumpkin burger”

Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic pumpkin burger”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've never had a pumpkin burger before, but I tried it at the Funky Art Cafe and it was incredible. Admittedly, I asked the chef to leave the chipotle sauce off as I have no tolerance for heat, but the burger without the jalapenos was incredible!

The atmosphere is true to the restaurant's name: funky and artsy. This is a great place to rest and refuel after a day of sightseeing in Brenham.

They even gave us ice cold waters as we left since it was getting a little warm outside; that kind of hospitality embodies the best of the South.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank trailblazer7232

Houston, Texas
“Interesting & good food but not worth the long wait”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Arrived after lunch crowd and took 45 minutes just to get kids ham and cheese. Another 15 min for adult meals. Food was interesting ... Good but not worth that kind if wait.

• Visited April 2014
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Love dropping in for lunch when in the downtown area. Always fresh and different menus. Great wait staff and enjoyable experience. Gets crowded during the noon hour so get there early for seating and selections.

Visited January 2014
Brenham, Texas, United States
“Easily my favorite place in Brenham.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The chef, Liz, specializes in soups and daily specials made with locally grown, organic ingredients. The mushroom artichoke soup is to-die-for. Connie, the owner, is a Brenham-born treasure. Her father once owned most of downtown Brenham! FAC's menu changes with each season but everything is made fresh - including their infamous bread puddings - and they even have a weight watcher's section on the menu for those counting calories! *the bread pudding, while not WW, is healthy for your living soul.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank girlyju
Evesham, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Passing through Brenham, we needed lunch and stumbled upon this place. What a find! The food was very yummy. I had a King of Siam sandwich (veggie, Thai spices) which was simply delicious. My husband had a bowl of home-made chicken soup, which he also loved. The service was delightful and I would have liked to have had time to explore the great-looking shop. I would definitely recommend this place, and I would make sure I was passing through Brenham at lunchtime so I could stop here!

• Visited February 2014