“Great typical Tex-Mex” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
La Grange, Texas
“Great typical Tex-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Always on the look out for a good Mexican Restaurant, we ran into this one in Brenham. Since our favorite place closed, we were happy to find this. The noon buffet was a good value, and very good. Seems like it changes daily, but has a nice variety.
The menu items are decently priced, but the buffet still is a much better value.

The tables were cleaned off promptly, and at first glance the place seemed clean. I didn't go to the ladies room, so can't comment on that. However, when we were leaving, I noticed a large clump,of dirt and crud next to the entry/exit door. Very unappetizing. Perhaps I'll go back and see if it's better next time, although it had obviously been there quite some time for there to be so much there. YUCK.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lggg70

“Mexican breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast there this morning. I am not a big Mexican- for -breakfast fan but I did enjoy my breakfast taco. I was able to order it the way I wanted it- potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, cilantro and onions. Had I known they were the smaller "street tacos" I would have ordered 2. It did take our food awhile to arrive though so I was hungry when it came. No chips and salsa were delivered... maybe they don't do that at breakfast.... or maybe theyvhave to be requested.... The parking was a mess. They have a small lot that was packed and people parking all over the street. That was a bit stressful. I will go back and order 2 tacos next time though!

1 Thank Lisa B
Houston, Texas
“Not impressed much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Decided on Manuel's after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Neither my husband nor I were impressed much. The place was cute, we were seated quickly, and our server was friendly enough, however, we both thought the food was less than delicious. I don't think I even ate half of mine. My husband cleaned his plate, but added everything he could find on the table to season his chile rellenos. Just no flavor. We love Mexican food and were looking forward to our dinner, just were less than thrilled with it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Just like eating st your friend's house. ZMexicsn home cooking. The staff-Eric, Armando, Elizabeth, even Manuel himself, and others make you feel at home. Enchiladas, Quesadillas, and specials are fantastic. Best Mexican Restaurant in the region!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank albebuc
“Really Good Mexican Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

What can I say, I love mexican food! This place had really good hot sauce and chips. I chose the fajita nachos as a meal, they were made with the melted nacho cheese and had plenty of meat and refried beans. My husband had the beef enchilada plate, he was just as happy, good refried beans, good rice! We will be going back when in the Brenham area!! Service was OK, a treat is the free ice cream cone after the meal!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank proudmarinemom06

Been to Manuel's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!