“Really Good Mexican Food!!!”

Manuel's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Brenham
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 18, 2013

What can I say, I love mexican food! This place had really good hot sauce and chips. I chose the fajita nachos as a meal, they were made with the melted nacho cheese and had plenty of meat and refried beans. My husband had the beef enchilada plate, he was just as happy, good refried beans, good rice! We will be going back when in the Brenham area!! Service was OK, a treat is the free ice cream cone after the meal!!

1  Thank proudmarinemom06

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We live in Brenham and love Mexican food. They could use an updated menu..like adding black beans and their complimentary salsa is tasteless..they really need to find a new recipe, but the food is great! Fresh guacamole, and the frozen margaritas are without a doubt the very best of anywhere in the world! Armando is a fantastic waiter. Service is excellent. The queso flameado (flaming) is amazing. They use good cheese and large servings of queso and guacamole. The women's bathroom is terrible. We love this locally owned establishment. Parking can be a problem but is allowed on residential street.

1  Thank tecateBrenham
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by an Hispanic clerk at a local hotel. Well he must have relatives who own it. The place was not all that clean(trapped flies behind plexiglass over window and a dirty fork). The food was bland and chicken breast very dry( chicken poblano dish). I asked for a side of guac it was a tablespoon and very MSG tasting. I had much better food at Los Cabos, the place the clerk told me to avoid! Won't go back.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Everytime I go to Mexican restaurants, I expect very good mexican food, the way we had it at home. I tend to find myself a little disappointed particularly with the guac. I guess, most Mexican restaurants are just not as good as home cooked Mexican food, and I think Manuels falls in that category. It's good, but the guac just wasn't better than mine. But, when you are travelling, I've got to take what I can get and so Manuels was acceptable.

1  Thank Culturebee
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Excellent authentic Mexican food at a very reasonable price. (this is not Tex Mex!) Great enchiladas andtortilla soup!