“Best hamburgers in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Smittys

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Brenham, Texas
“Best hamburgers in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Love the hamburgers here and the onion rings are to die for! Salads and fried chicken are good too. Service is as good as can be expected with only 2 girls running around doing everything!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Txpiglover

Brenham Texas
“a little disappointing.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

first, let me say, there have been multiple restaurants located in this building and none of them were particularly good. However, Smittys promised to be a little better than the usual. My husband had the chicken fried steak with cream gravy, very very good, large portion, real meat, and real gravy, he had the green beans with it, they were fresh and grilled with onion and bacon, a little undercooked for our taste but maybe okay for someone else. I had the fish tacos, they were made with tilapia and were grilled with very very good seasoning generously on them, however, my salad course was VERY DISAPPOINTING! Nothing more than bagged, unrinsed salad mix with absolutely NO EXTRA NOTHING, no tomato, cucumber, radishes carrots NOTHING! Served chilled on a hot plate, the worst thing about it, I had their blue cheese dressing which was out of this world, but served on something I wouldn't even eat at home which also was obviously out of date. Brown, rusty, completely limp on the edges, I tried to pick thru and find something I would eat in the bowl, just because the dressing was SO VERY GOOD! But, I couldn't so I picked at it and finally pushed it away. Then my fish tacos came out and instead of crunchy fresh cold lettuce or a cabbage slaw, the tacos had limp dark green shredded lettuce of some sort on it and it was served with a chipotle sauce on the side that was way too spicy with jalapeno. No other sauce offered though I told the waitress it was too hot. I would have much preferred a homemade tartar maybe with dill, or maybe a cabbage based slaw, would have been good on that wonderful fish. This lady has some really good MAIN food, however, I expect to have a fresh salad and other ingredients that complement the food offered. The steak and the fish were wonderful, but it needs a little tweaking. Also, to add insult to injury, we bought several cookies to take out when we paid our bill, the waitree placed our baked goods in a box with her BARE hands. I didn't see it until it was too late, but surely gloves or tongs couldn't be that hard to handle.I will try again because the main entree part of the meals were delish, and I certainly hope that it has been tweaked a little, it would be terrible for this great potential place goes out of business because of 'little things.'

• Visited November 2012

Been to Smittys? Share your experiences!