“Two tours and two wine bottles later...”

Pleasant Hill Winery
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Brenham
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We originally found this winery courtesy of Ant Street Inn. The Blanc du Bois was set out with cheese and crackers for the social hour and we enjoyed it while rocking on the second story balcony. It was heaven and for the first time in my life I got a second glass of white wine! I am a red fan usually and love it with Italian or for no reason at all! Anyway, I noticed a Pleasant Hill Winery flyer in the foyer the next morning and quickly added that to our weekend fun to do list. We arrived just in time for the last tour and took the sweet wine tasting so we'd be sure to get our favorite. The owner told us the family and vineyard history over tastings of the next several wines. We viewed the cellar where wine is fermented, tested and bottled. Very interesting and charming to see the small family business success. Some awards are displayed in their gift shop area and I saw mention of a port...hmm. Upon returning my last glass I noticed a port tasting offered. I couldn't resist. Who even knew there was a white port, or that port is made with brandy? Such a wealth of knowledge and such a wonderful hostess! We also tried the Rosso and Tawny Rosso and were amazed! They also have handcrafted artisan chocolate made with their port ;). We really enjoyed our tour and this was our last "big" event to cap off our anniversary weekend so it will be remembered. So a bottle of Blanc du Bois and Rosso Porte for souvenirs, we're feeling our way back to Ant Street thoroughly thrilled with our quick trip outside of Brenham. Now, if I could just get my new favorite wine in Houston!

6  Thank TheSimpleLife3
"washington county"
"tours"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We enjoyed a beautiful day driving to Brenham and visiting this vineyard. The owner is to be commended for his hospitality and knowledge of wine growing in Texas! It really was interesting.
Its a small place but so enjoyable! I highly recommend this!

1  Thank texastraveler77494
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review somewhat to rebut the review that complained about high priced tasting... My opinion is that the overall experience was fabulous. The value was adequate compared to other Texas winery tours go. I loved the down to earth vibe going on with the owners (they really work there!) and I love the country quaint ambiance of the place. Thank you for being so gracious and attentive to us during our visit! We will be back soon :)

2  Thank berniedholt
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I went to Brenham to try out all the wines in the area. The Pleasant Hill Winery was number 2 on our list that day and it was the best! The winery is close to 290 and pretty hard to miss. The winery itself is quiant and pretty. The owners are very engaging, especially the wife of the owner who creates all the wine. She is in charge of the tastings and she is very pleasant. The wine itself was some of the best wines we have tried on our visit. Every one was a home run. The ports were a little too sweet for me, but everything else was delicious. We went on the tour, and really the tour is small but pretty informative. I enjoyed our time there and will definitely come back to stock up on more wines.

3  Thank TheSpiritedTraveler