“Unbelievable” 1 of 5 bubbles

Los Cabos Mexican Grill & Steak House
Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Brenham
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Somerville
“Unbelievable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family and I dined at Los Cabos on April 27, 2013. After being seated, the waitress took our order. Just looking at her, it appeared she was having a bad day. We got our food and was enjoying it when one the female servers accidentally wasted soda refills in our food, table, and clothes. She quickly apologized and we accepted it because we know accidents can and do happen. We contacted our waitress to inform her of happened and what we needed to do about the bill. My niece wanted a to go box, but I had soda in my food on the vegetable plate of chalupa, guacamole, and taco. After telling the waitress about my food and how I didn't want to replace it, she didn't say anything and then left. I assumed she was going to get the manager, but it took a rather long time for her to return. After about 10 minutes she came back with the items I had on the vegetable plate. I again told her I didn't want those items. She then talked to the manager who was at the cash register and he came over and stated that since I ate the enchiladas, beans, and rice, I needed to pay for half of my meal. I didn't mind paying for my meal, but it's the principle of getting soda spilled in my and other family member's food and not being accommodated for our horrible experience. They didn't offer to not charge for my meal neither my niece's meal. My sister and her grandson's meals were untouched as they were on opposite sides of the table. I have never had drinks spilled on me, but have been treated better. This was my third and last time dining at Los Cabos. Driving home wet and sticky was too much!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Montgomery, Texas
“Best Gourmet Fajitas in Texas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ordered Chicken Fajitas in a marinated sauce, they were delicious and not your run of the mill fajitas, they were definitely gourmet. They have about 4 different fajita selections and I will get around to trying the other ones, but I like these so much, it is hard to switch when you find something so good. My husband ordered Beef Enchiladas with cheese sauce, good but not excellent, there were other varieties that may have been better, he will try them next time. A very nice restaurant, easy to get to, up on a hill in the hill country, good for all types of people, couples, families, there were also quite a few bikers, the service is excellent, due to the manager and attentive wait staff. The bluebonnets were blooming.

We heard the manager sing at a table behind us apparently for a friend of his and to our surprise he has a beautifully trained voice, he is a very talented young man, should go far in any field especially in the music fields.

If you love tex-mex but this is gourmet tex-mex and you love chicken fajitas, this restaurant is highly recommended!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy W
Displaced northerner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Somewhere between poor and average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ordered a senior sampler . . . ribs & chicken fingers were okay; prime rib not okay. Also ordered a sandwich, supposedly on a French roll. Believe me: nothing about that roll was ever anywhere near France. Had to put salsa on the sandwich to make it edible. Service was good enough . . . noise level, deafening. Nicest thing I can say about the soft-serve ice cream is that it was cold. Won't go back.

(We both ordered American food; their Mexican dishes may have been better.)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great fajitas & drinks!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We thought we would try it since right across from our hotel. Margaritas were great. We were seated in back room and our girls soccer team were eating here also. I had chicken and beef fajitas. My friend had the shrimp fajitas. Sooooo good. They had a smoke flavor to them. The charro beans, rice, and guacomole were great too. Loved their tortillas. We had a wonderful waiter. We plan to go back again. The kids also enjoyed the free ice cream cones!

Alto, Texas
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited here with another couple upon the recommendation of a friend and were not disappointed. Large menu with lots of different choices. The parking lot was full of cars, but the inside is very large and we didn't even have a wait. The staff was perfect keeping the chips, dips (green sauce is amazing), and drinks all filled. Our waiter was great and our food very tasty and fairly priced. Each couple split a meal and neither could finish it. Great place to eat.

Visited February 2013