“Nice casual place for a light meal or coffee break.”

Yumm! Sweets & Eats
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Brenham
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Description: Whether you're looking for something sweet or savory, we've got you covered. We're serving up delicious sweets and eats in downtown Brenham!
Austin, Texas
“Nice casual place for a light meal or coffee break.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Driving from Austin to the Houston area, I ended up stopping here in both directions.

It is located on the main square. I'd eaten at a previous restaurant here which was pretty bad, so I was glad to see something new.

The place is large and split into a coffee, sweets, and ice cream parlor on one side, and a pizza, sandwich and light meal place on the other side. They also had a good selection of drinks, wine, beer, and cider.

On the to Houston, I just stopped for coffee, which was inexpensive. It was nice to have free wifi.

On the way back to Austin I stopped for an evening meal. These days I am trying to avoid meat and dairy which is almost impossible when I travel, so I stay flexible. I ended up ordering the margheritta pizza, which is usually tomato, basil and a modest amount of mozzarella cheese.

This one had way more cheese than I would have preferred, but if you are a cheese lover you'll be happy.

1 Thank gossamer78759

1 Thank merlinh
Kingwood, Texas, United States
“Yumm-o!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Nice casual dining choice in Brenham. The menu has a nice variety, the food is very good and the service is quick. We ended up here out is desperation (read our review of Ernie's) , and are glad we did. Try the stuffed mushrooms.

• Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Delicious margherita pizza.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Neat atmosphere and delicious food and wine. Friendly service.

Visited June 2012
BRENHAM
“good sandwiches”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Have had the chicken pesto and Reuben sandwiches - they are both very good. Yes, seeing all the candy is fun. The staff could be a little more attentive but ok.

• Visited May 2012