“Enjoyed another meal at Sealand”

Sealand Seafood and Steak Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Brenham
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sealand Seafood & Steak have been preparing the most sumptuous and freshest Seafood & Steak cuisine for our guests. We are serving the people of Brenham from March 27, 2007 with our warm flavors.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Living in the Brenham area does not afford many fine dining experiences, so we find pleasure in this good quality restaurant where the food is consistent, the service friendly & adequate, and the prices in line with the overall experience. We enjoy the grilled seafood with veggies and rice. We also enjoy the shrimp gumbo but usually pass on the plain Jane salad offering. The portion sizes are very large and we usually take enough food home for lunch the next day. While this restaurant is not in the same category as the seafood restaurants that fly in fresh catch daily, we appreciate their consistent good quality and enjoy being able to have a seafood meal without driving 60 miles to Houston on a weeknight just for dinner. We recommend that you give them a try while in Brenham.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Overall a decent place to eat. Wait staff and owners are always friendly.

Some items are a bit pricey for what you get and Michelob ultra is $3.50, which is too high for a restaurant of this grade in Brenham. All drinks are priced way too high.

Seems like of you ask for something done spicy they just pour in tons of tobasco sauce, which is not my favorite.
Wish they would do the crawfish the way we get it from the Asian owned Seafood Shoppe in Houston, with the whole garlic butter secret sauce many Asian eateries add to their crawfish.

Many good items on the menu though and I would recommend one of the grilled or fried fish or shrimp dishes w veggies or fries. Not rice :)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were here about 6 months ago and this time took some out-of-town guests. All of us enjoyed the freshly prepared seafood - shrimp and oysters all around. One of our guests ordered a steak and thought it one of the best he had had in a long time. Good, friendly service and good food are the usual norm at this establishment.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I chose this restaurant based partly on reviews and partly due to its location near my motel. Based on some others' reviews, I was expecting greatness. Maybe I had the bar set too high, but I was a little disappointed. Except for price, it ain't no Papadeaux's. I eat there often, so I feel justified in making that judgment. The servers seem to have no particular assigned area. The host seated me and took my drink order. Another young lady came by and asked if I was ready to order. I asked for more time, as it was my first visit. A young man took my order. Others came by at various times to check on my needs. All that is ok, I guess. Just not what I expected. I had grilled tilapia and shrimp with salad and baked potato. The salad was plain jane iceberg with a couple of cherry tomatoes and a couple of slices of cucumber. Once again, ok, but not super. The fish and shrimp seemed to have been prepared by the steak chef. Mine were seared on the outside to the extent they required my using a knife to cut into bite-sized pieces. That is great on steak. Not so much for fish. The flavor and texture inside was pretty good. Overall, if the price were more in line with the product, I'd be ok with things. It is better than fast food, but not that much!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I eat alot of seafood and I put this place on par with Babins and Papadeaux's. The prices are more than reasonable. Whenever we pass through, or stay in Brenham, we make sure to stop and eat. My daughter and I were there last weekend after going to the Round Top Antique Festival. She had the Blackened Catfish with Etoufe on top and I had the Blackened Talapia with Etoufe on top. I was fantastic. I would recommend to anyone who likes seafood.