“Disgusting and overpriced frozen foods”
Review of Colosseum Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Colosseum Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Disgusting! I should have known when the place was deserted. The tea was old, the soup was lukewarm, and the sampler tasted worse than an off brand frozen meal. The manicotti tasted like a noodle wrapped around ricotta cheese, the beef in the lasagna looked like processed grey school lunch meat. When we asked to remove the sampler, the waitress asked another lady and was yelled at then told to go get our plate to inspect. We didn't eat much, because it was so unpleasant, and the 'manager lady' would not look or speak to us, nor remove the disgusting plate from the bill. The waitress was nice, she should seek employment elsewhere. This place will close soon with experiences like this. People should and will know.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The owners and cook are actually from Sicily...which makes for interesting conversation. However, don't always presume that since a person is from a wonderful region for food, that they can actually cook. I had given this place numerous opportunities to prepare different dishes, all of which have not had any flavor. Stick with any brand name Italian franchise for better food.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Sorry for the folks who had negative experiences but I've eaten here dozens of times and only once had anything negative happen (very slow service). Yes, the salads are just ordinary but I don't come for the salads. Unless I'm in really the mood for nouveaux Italian, I'll always choose this over Volare's and, in fact, all but the one or two best Italian in Houston. The rolls are so addictive, we can't go near the place when we are on any kind of diet. The baked ziti, tortellini and cannelloni are always exceptional and the alfredo pizza (which I usually dislike) and white pizza are two of the best half-dozen pizzas within fifty miles of Hempstead (my home base). In fact, I think I'll get takeout there tonight.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Just ok affordable italian food. Somedays it is the only italian open.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Food was too salty and had little other flavor. Service was slow. Not worth another visit.

1  Thank Jane P