“Late Night Refuge”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Brenham
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Brenham
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Drove to Austin for a taping of Austin City limits from Houston and tried to make it back home.We were too tired and only made it to Brenham.We didn't have reservations and happened to see La Quinta as we stopped at a Denny's which is literally next door.Checked in around !:00 A.M.The man at the front desk was pleasant,helpful and efficient.I asked if it was possible to sleep in and he immediately extended our check out time one hour ! The entire front of the hotel as well as the parking lot was very well lit.The free breakfast was wonderful everything was fresh and muliple items to choose from fresh fruit to waffles.The room was very clean and th A/C worked well and not too noisy.I loved my stay and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay.One complaint we would like to see separate hair conditioner and shampoo bottles and more than one please !!

Room Tip: First flooor has a pool and a workout room next to the breakfast area you might request a room away...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Newer hotel. Kept up nicely. Nice big rooms with Euro styling. Walking distance to a few restaurants. Driving distance to downtown. Great hotel with great value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I took a spur of the moment weekend trip - July 23rd we spent the night in Brenham, TX. We didn't have a place in mind or a reservation but were able to find accommadation at the La Quinta for a reasonable price. The room was nice and quite-clean bathroom. There was a slight problem with the window blinds-we couldn't let them down evenly but no privacy was lost as we were on the 3rd floor. I ask for a bed change due to the bottom sheets having a burned marks (2 small) on the bottom sheets (but they were clean). The bed was comfortable and I slept well. Parking was a little tight but all areas of the parking area had good lighting. The continental breakfast was good-but if you want more protein than boiled eggs- There is a Denny's Resatuarant about 1/4 of a block across the parking lot from the hotel.

Room Tip: The King room we had was adequate size for a couple.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I have stayed at many different hotels on my travels. The LA QUINTA INN & SUITES, is the best one I have ever stayed at. Staff is wonderful, most helpful. We stay here year around, we never encounter any problems with anythings. We love the indoor pool and water is always at the right temp. Rooms are large and super clean.... Breakfast is wonderful....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our toilet wasn't working. They explained it couldn't be fixed and that I could use the dirty bathroom next door of the people who had just checked out. When I tried explaining how inconvenienced and disappointed I was the man and the front desk said he didn't care to hear it. I've never been treated so rudely. There may have been some cultural differences as it was evident that this franchise was owned by recent immigrants. The whole experience was very disappointing. Please do not stay here. They were plenty of other great options in the area.

2  Thank luvin2getaway
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I was initially thrilled to stay at LaQuinta! I have never had a problem, and it is usually clean and dependable for great customer service. Not at the Brenham location, the front desk attendant was rude, unhelpful, and unfriendly. I was in town for a weddign and asked help for directions, she knew nothing, and did not want to be bothered. I checked into my room for less than an hour until I had an emergency come up and had to leave. They (the attendant and the manager) were in no way interested in trying to help the situation, or keeping a loyal customer. There was nothing they could do and my circumstances weren't their fault so why do they care? I didn't want a refund, maybe a voucher, even a coupon for a night that I would actually get to stay in the hotel. They had my money and regardless if I stayed or not, they made their money. NO. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. Stay anywhere else in Brenham. Brenham is a smal town, and everything other hotel is just a reasonably priced and well-kept as LaqQuinta. I had chosen to stay there out of loyalty, and it did not benefit me.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank happyraveler
Reviewed May 31, 2009

my husband and I plus our puppy had a nice stay. the room was nice and clean. the bed big and comfortable. the shower was great. it was all nice. very attentive staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple