“Quiet accommodations, but Spartan”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brackettville
Lodging at Fort Clark Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brackettville
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are converted barracks from the days when Fort Clark was a cavalry base. It's interesting to walk around the grounds of the old fort and looking at the historic buildings.
My basic needs were met (including wifi) but there's no luxury here. The staff is very friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank TheTimMan

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love this historic and friendly place in remote Texas. As others have stated, the pool is absolutely amazing!! The trails, spring, and wildlife are a wonderful oasis. If you love the rough, rugged outdoors then you'll truly appreciate Fort Clark Springs.

The motel is small but clean and offers a good nights sleep. Bring your own coffee pot though! No coffee in the room :( Nothing fancy or high tech here but the "great outdoors" is amazing here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Gregg Lea R
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If the only way to swim in the very nice spring fed pool is to spend a night at the hotel, then go for it. Otherwise, don't expect much from the basic rooms. Comfortable beds, good AC, but small rooms and dated fixtures. Of course, they renovated old soldier barracks, thus the smaller rooms. The motel is in walking distance to the pool and the historic buildings are worth a wander by. We ate dinner at Barbara's Table next to the courthouse... your best bet for dinner besides the burger joint.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Aggie1994
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I feel in love with the history, stone buildings, museum, wildlife, golf, spring pool, safe streets, and friendly people; the first time I drove through the front gates.. I plan on retiring in this wonderful place in a few years... I can not wait to be there and watch the historical reenactments and help be a part of the future of this great resort.

Room Tip: There is a new Wonderful place to eat in Brackettville besides the Hardware store.... Drive thru...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank nohughes
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here recently during a trip out to West Texas. I had been here previously - so I expected a modest room at a modest price. Prices have risen since my last visit. Room cost was $65 plus $25 for a pet - So cost was $90 for a modest room with few amenities and non working wi fi. Still a neat location - biggest plus is that all people coming in the place go through a security gate. I wouldn't rule out staying here again, but I do wish the cost was a bit less - especially the pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jon_Cooley
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been to Brackettville (Texas), six or seven years in a row. And every time I've stayed at the fort. If you enjoy history this is the place. As for breakfast, I highly recommend The Krazy Chicken (no joke) directly across from the fort. Family run, very rustic (right out of a John Wayne movie) but the food is great! I was last there in 2011.
(Foot note; I've been around the world twice from (5) star hotels to ( "0") stars, & I still love Fort Clark.)

Room Tip: We stayed in numerous rooms at the fort, no complaints.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank IBubbie
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Fort Clark Springs Barracks have been updated. Rooms are newly painted ,local TV, internet ,all rooms non smoking. We have a large population of Wind Farm residents during the week,so try to call early for reservations. New front office staff who are very willing to fit your needs. Rooms are "spartan" to preserve the Frontier atmosphere of the Historical Fort. Dining is lacking in that the three eateries close at 8 pm. Golf Course is tournament ready w 18 holes course and a par 3 course. Many walking and hiking trails and lots of wild life. There is no driving fast in Fort Clark Springs due to White Tail ,Axis, and Texas Turkeys. We also have a full service RV park. Remember we are a small community with great people.

Room Tip: No elevators to upstairs balcony rooms - what a view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank momofizz

Been to Lodging at Fort Clark Springs? Share your experiences!