“Fort Clark Springs Texas”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brackettville
Lodging at Fort Clark Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brackettville
Billings, Montana
“Fort Clark Springs Texas”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love this historic and friendly place in remote Texas. As others have stated, the pool is absolutely amazing!! The trails, spring, and wildlife are a wonderful oasis. If you love the rough, rugged outdoors then you'll truly appreciate Fort Clark Springs.

The motel is small but clean and offers a good nights sleep. Bring your own coffee pot though! No coffee in the room :( Nothing fancy or high tech here but the "great outdoors" is amazing here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Gregg Lea R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If the only way to swim in the very nice spring fed pool is to spend a night at the hotel, then go for it. Otherwise, don't expect much from the basic rooms. Comfortable beds, good AC, but small rooms and dated fixtures. Of course, they renovated old soldier barracks, thus the smaller rooms. The motel is in walking distance to the pool and the historic buildings are worth a wander by. We ate dinner at Barbara's Table next to the courthouse... your best bet for dinner besides the burger joint.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Aggie1994
Brackettville, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I feel in love with the history, stone buildings, museum, wildlife, golf, spring pool, safe streets, and friendly people; the first time I drove through the front gates.. I plan on retiring in this wonderful place in a few years... I can not wait to be there and watch the historical reenactments and help be a part of the future of this great resort.

Room Tip: There is a new Wonderful place to eat in Brackettville besides the Hardware store.... Drive thru...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank nohughes
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here recently during a trip out to West Texas. I had been here previously - so I expected a modest room at a modest price. Prices have risen since my last visit. Room cost was $65 plus $25 for a pet - So cost was $90 for a modest room with few amenities and non working wi fi. Still a neat location - biggest plus is that all people coming in the place go through a security gate. I wouldn't rule out staying here again, but I do wish the cost was a bit less - especially the pet fee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jon_Cooley
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been to Brackettville (Texas), six or seven years in a row. And every time I've stayed at the fort. If you enjoy history this is the place. As for breakfast, I highly recommend The Krazy Chicken (no joke) directly across from the fort. Family run, very rustic (right out of a John Wayne movie) but the food is great! I was last there in 2011.
(Foot note; I've been around the world twice from (5) star hotels to ( "0") stars, & I still love Fort Clark.)

Room Tip: We stayed in numerous rooms at the fort, no complaints.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank IBubbie
Fort Clark Springs, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Fort Clark Springs Barracks have been updated. Rooms are newly painted ,local TV, internet ,all rooms non smoking. We have a large population of Wind Farm residents during the week,so try to call early for reservations. New front office staff who are very willing to fit your needs. Rooms are "spartan" to preserve the Frontier atmosphere of the Historical Fort. Dining is lacking in that the three eateries close at 8 pm. Golf Course is tournament ready w 18 holes course and a par 3 course. Many walking and hiking trails and lots of wild life. There is no driving fast in Fort Clark Springs due to White Tail ,Axis, and Texas Turkeys. We also have a full service RV park. Remember we are a small community with great people.

Room Tip: No elevators to upstairs balcony rooms - what a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank momofizz
Austin, TX
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were so excited to learn that the barracks motel was again accepting dogs ($25 fee per stay) but our experience this time has been funky from the start. First, no one replied to our online reservation request and we had to call to confirm (they argued they had replied, which they had not). We requested downstairs nonsmoking, and when we arrived, they'd assigned us a room in front of the stairs & ice machine, a noisy and inconvenient location I remembered from past visits. When we asked to move, they said all n/s downstairs rooms were taken and we were given option of upstairs (narrow, difficult stairs and heat rises) or a smoking downstairs room. We took the upstairs option. It took about 5 hrs for the AC unit to even begin to work against the probably 100 degree heat that was trapped in the room (14 ft ceilings or higher). I understand they can't afford to turn on ACs before guests arrived, but a downstairs room would have been cooler and better for our 50-plus knees and 11 yr old dog. At least four rooms were never taken that night that were the type we requested---they were simply unwilling to change the room numbers that had been randomly assigned in the computer system to give us a comfortable room. The downstairs nonsmoking rooms are still unoccupied as I type this midmorning the next day. In general, the rooms are dirty and worn. I tried not to look at the baseboard next to the toilet (gag) or the spaces behind pieces of furniture. There has not been one upgrade in the ten years I've been coming here, and sadly the invasion of Homeland Security (Border Patrol) into the little sleepy dusty burg of Bracketville has been a decline in the charm level (yes I'm being ironic) by a factor of about 100x. For its many drawbacks now, the once-cute motel is still the only option anywhere near the lovely pool, but reluctantly we are crossing Ft C off our list of favorite places to go, based on this experience. The front desk clerk was completely unhelpful, bordering on openly rude (one lady was nice, but didn't appear to be the Alpha dog)--there is no concern for customer service. No internet connection, by the way. I'm typing this in the Bracketville county library, which is altogether nicer and cooler place than the room across the road we are paying for.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank LuckyWest

Been to Lodging at Fort Clark Springs? Share your experiences!