“Great Food”
Review of Armadillo Grill

Armadillo Grill
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Bowie
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stopped at Amarillo Grill today. Great service and the food was great. Best burgers and sandwiches that we have had in a long time. Kudos to Norma the cook. Also, a great western store attached ... Great selection of clothes, boots, jewelry, etc.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We loved the food, southern atmosphere, and service. I had a steak, ribeye, was cooked to a perfect medium as ordered. Their house made chips were better than any chips I've had plus not the least bit greasy.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Driving along the culinary wasteland of Rt. 287 between Amarillo and Dallas, we were getting nervous as the 9PM witching hour of restaurant-closure loomed. After retreating from the highway in search of a meal at both Wichita Falls and Henrietta we had almost given up hope when up popped the sign with the armadillo, hamburger in hand. Restaurant made a wonderful impression from outside. Looked clean and cheery (despite adjacency to the interstate) so we gave it a try. How pleased we were! Gorgeous, helpful servers, a beautifully-made bison burger with homemade onion rings, grilled salmon and tacos worth a big shout-out. Only advice: steer clear of the vegetable choice not listed on the menu and not offered as standard wit meals - green beans from a can are not my all-time favorite.

2  Thank Anne C
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Made a quick stop traveling back to Houston from Nevada and I'm glad we made this stop. At first it was just a quick potty break but my mom pointed out the Armadillo Grill to the side and me not feeling hungry I was pretty hesitant as I've never had a good experience with these kind of food places. We sat ourselves and when we first came in there were only 2 waitresses, one then disappeared and we waited a bit before getting our menus or our drink orders taken. I didn't really care much about this because I'm pretty patient and only one waitress seemed to be moving around. Our waitress was very kind and I wish we would've gotten her name because I'd advise anyone to grab her as a waitress. She was very attentative and gave us wonderful service. I got the brisket tacos and lets just say there was nothing left on my plate! My mom got the BEC and loved it and her fiancé got the BBQ plate with brisket and sausage, he said it was alright but after all of us having a taste we agreed that for a quick stop gas station restaurant it was pretty dang good. And no, we are no stranger to what good BBQ tastes like seeing as we all are BBQ fanatics. My sweet tea was nicely sweet, the beans were great, pico was good and the coleslaw was yummy as well. I personally wouldn't mind coming back if we ever come through here again!

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Green chili chicken overcooked, non- juicy and hard to chew. Service was lackluster as well. Don't know why so many rave reviews. Don't bother to stop here for a good meal. Go to your usual locations for good food fair.