“Best Western Bowie, Texas”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bowie
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is easy to find right off the interstate. It is very attractive on the outside and the inside. The room was clean, however, there was mold in the grout in the corner where the tub meets the tile and it was quite a bit. The shower flow wasn't great and there was no shelf to put shampoo or soap. The walls are thin and the TV in the next room could be heard easily. The night we were there, there was a wedding in the area and the hotel was full. Kids were running in the halls until midnight - the desk clerk was doing her best to get them to their rooms and it finally quieted down. Our temperature control on the wall would not work so the room became warm and we were unable to block out outside and inside sounds. The desk clerk couldn't get it to work either. Breakfast was hot and good. The seating area was adequate. Allin all I'm not sure I would stay here again. We were given a $10 deduction in the rate because of the air flow not working. The WIFI was OK.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwesternbowie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If we can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at 940-872-9595.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My fiancé and I checked in to the Best Western in Bowie for a wedding we were going to near the hotel. When we went into the room, I pulled back the sheets to check the bed, the sheets were dirty. The bathroom sink was dirty and you could tell someone spilled a dark soda on the wall next to the door and it had not been cleaned up. I went to the front desk and said we needed to switch rooms because the room was dirty and the sheets were especially dirty. Because most of the wedding guests were staying there and the hotel was pretty booked, Amanda at the front desk said we couldn't, but she could change our sheets now or after we left for the wedding. I opted for after the wedding because we only had 45 minutes to get ready for the wedding. When I went back to the room, I used my face wipes to clean the sink, the light switches, and the remote. The toilet was clean... surprisingly. 20 minutes later, Amanda knocked on our door and gave us a $10 coupon for the little food shop they had, which was appreciated. However, when we came back from the wedding that night, only the flat sheet had been changed, the fitted sheet and the pillow cases were not changed. The fitted sheet had crumbs and bodily fluid on it along with what looked like a dead flea, and the pillow cases had makeup on them. My fiancé went down to the front desk and got a fresh fitted sheet from a different woman working at the desk, thank goodness we brought some of our own pillows.

Even though it is the small town of Bowie, TX, I do still expect at least a clean room. They did let us party in the breakfast area after the wedding, so that was nice, otherwise I would give the hotel a "terrible" rating.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness of your room as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternbowie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites the nights of October 11 and 12, 2013. I had requested a first floor room because I was bringing my dog with me, and they were able to accommodate us. The pet fee is only $15 for the entire stay, and there are plenty of grassy areas on the property for pets to use. My room was a king bed with microwave, fridge and flat screen tv. I heard absolutely no noise, even though my room faced the parking lot. The complimentary breakfast is standard hotel breakfast...waffles, bread, pastries, eggs, meats, etc. The hotel is easy to reach off Highway 287.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
bestwesternbowie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 7, 2013

the complaint that a couple was attempting to have sex in the hot tub was disgusting! The male had to put his shorts back on and the female had to pull her bottoms back up. Not appropriate in public OR in front of my 13 years old nephew. I had to turn off the hot tub to check to make sure there were no "residuals" left in the hot tub after their "romp".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing your review. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don' hesitate to contact us at 940-872-9595.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Bowie BestWestern on the end of our 21 day Alaska road trip. The outstanding front desk clerk hospitably welcomed us to checked in early. Our room was clean, spacious, and well appointed. The bed offered a wonderful night of comfortable and reguvenating rest. As we discovered when we departed at 6am...the hotel parking lot had filled up but we never heard a sound in our room. The shower was hot and relaxing. The breakfast was great. All PROs No CONS. Would go the extra miles and stay here over Ft. Worth. EXCELLENT value!!!

Room Tip: we had a room in the middle of the 3rd floor and never heard the hotel fill up during the night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternbowie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us at 940-872-9595.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Check in was smooth, stayed on the 3 rd floor and had a spider on my pillow I killed and then a scorpion came in bathroom and killed it. If I have to kill any more critters I am charging motel a exterminators fee. This may not be typical of hotel but if I was you I would try not to get up in the middle of the night and walk around barefoot.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
VISHAL P, General Manager at Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

We apologize that your experience with us was below or did not meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Bowie seemed to me to be in the middle of nowhere, so when I arrived at the Best Western outside of town, I was really impressed. Staff was great, furnished very nicely, excellent WiFi, good breakfast. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patty K
VISHAL P, Manager at Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 940-872-9595.

Vishal Patel
Manager
Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Bowie Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!