“Good choice!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good choice!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were looking for a locally owned restaurant instead of the usual chains we had seen on our 12-hour trip. We had planned to drive back to Amarillo but we’re glad we didn’t. One of us ordered the BBQ plate and the other the grilled chicken plate. They made a substitution for my husband's plate that was very good. The meals were excellent and very generous! My broccoli was not gray and soggy but crisp and lightly steamed to perfection. Since there was so much food we had to ask for a take-away box that increased the value because we actually had four meals for the price of two. The staff was very professional and the chef came out to chat with us.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Kerrco41

abq,nm
“For Texas BBQ I was dissapointed the prices are high for what you get”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

There is no atmosphere the decor needs alot of work, I asked for some tri tip and my server thought it was a fish, no clue

Visited May 2014
El Paso, Texas
“Best BBQ on earth”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

What else can I say? Unless you're an astronaut and end up on BBQ planet and somehow make your way to the best restaurant there, you want find better than Sutphen's!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Filmcraft
Houston, Tx
“Bad even for Borger, TX”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Brisket was like tough pot roast...sausage was OK...shredded pork was OK...ribs were not meaty at all...fries average...cole slaw was very good...service was OK

Visited September 2013
“It was scary.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

It was pricey with limited selection. I ordered an item off the menu and the waitress asked me "if I was sure that I wanted that item." She proceeded to tell me it looked gross and convinced me to change items. Some other customs in the restaurant were complaining about their food too. The service was slow but extremely friendly.

• Visited August 2013