Craftaway Studios
$94
$83
$79
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Anna and her place are awesome! The drive from Plano was lovely and quick. Just make sure you don't have your windows open when driving by the landfill. :o) The house was beautiful! Gorgeous bathrooms! Supplies were impeccable! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! This is IT, ladies! Pack up and head on out! You'll see!!!

Room Tip: The purple room is the darkest in the morning in case you like to sleep in. :o)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Anna D, Owner at Craftaway Studios, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of Craftaway Studios! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful experience, and thank you for the compliments on the house and the Stash. I made it a point during the renovation of the house to put a lot of attention to the bathrooms and the studios, especially! I love the Purple Room too--it's like a little cocoon for late sleepers! Thanks so much for choosing Craftaway Studios. I appreciate your business and your time!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was my 3rd time packing my crafting stash and heading to Craftaway. WOW! could say it all, but I must give some details, as this one word 'WOW' has so much behind it. This is the Ritz Carlton of retreat locations, especially for paper-crafters. The proprietor, Anna, has thought of everything to make your individual or group have a WOW experience. The renovated home in downtown Bonham, Tx. with its serene minimalist decor contributed to my relaxing experience. The cozy clean sleeping rooms, clean kitchen & dining area, clean lounging, areas. (yes, cleanliness is a priority), hit this one out of the park. The abundance of amenities (paper, ink, stamps, crafting tools, snacks, comfortable seating and crafting space) was enough to seal the deal. Anna is genuinely committed to providing a 'WOW' guest experience, even before I arrived by putting every effort to meet my needs.
WOW!

Room Tip: The green room is bright, sleeps 4 and has a very large bathroom, however, all rooms sleep comfortably.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of Craftaway Studios! I am committed to providing a WOW experience for all of my guests, so I'm very happy to hear that you felt appreciated and taken care of while planning and during your stay. I'm also pleased to hear that you found Craftaway Studios to be clean, inviting, inspiring, and well-stocked in every way! It has been a pleasure to host you each and every time, and I can't thank you enough for your support and enthusiasm!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Craftaway Studios was by far a breath of fresh air for this city girl. It was a hectic week and although I couldn't join up on Friday night, the nice not-so-far scenic drive was amazing. Rolling meadows, cows, the occasional horse and I might add even a nice little elk and deer farm caught my eye too! The serene quiet time drive was just the beginning of the relaxing ambiance I was to experience upon driving up on the studio. On arrival Saturday morning, just for the day because its all the time I could muster, I was greeted by my super awesome friends who were just about ready to have a little breakfast quiche ... the vintage house stole my heart at the front door with it's old time screen door sharing it's welcome creak. The inside was absolutely amazing - it was new world with a blast from the past and to a veteran scrapper this was HEAVEN ... supplies abundant, great friends and umm that snack bar was what put me head over heels .. The scrapping tables all new and uniquely set so that fellowship flowed from table to table and room to room ... a very relaxing time papercrafting was imminent .. I stayed the day and it was fabulous. When it was time to pack up ..I realized I brought "too much stuff", next time I will really let my self "go" and relax as it likely that I will just be so anxious to get there that I'll pack only the kits and specific projects and grab adhesive and make my journey to this very special place. Crafting in the country is something that EVERYONE must experience ..there is nothing like doing what you love in God's country ... a little note though if you're a city girl that likes to shop there is no Neiman's or Nordstrom's for miles so you'll need to get that done when you arrive into the DFW area ..Galleria is great shopping .come a day early and on your way stop at the Allen Outlet Mall on your way for some great deals ... but COME ... experience doing what you love out in the country - you will cherish the time forever ... Cheers ~ Scrappy Val

Room Tip: The beds were twins but were extremely comfy and clean .. I didn't spend the night but I did check out the rooms and the beds and the super cushy beds would have been amazing to experience.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
CraftawayStudios, Owner at Craftaway Studios, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Val, thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your entire experience at Craftaway Studios--including the drive up there, which I love as well! It's part of the reason I chose Bonham for the location. The drive is so pleasant and it's far enough that you feel like you're getting away from it all, but close enough that you can reasonably go up and back in a day. I'm so pleased that you had a relaxing, creative time with your friends, and that you felt like the house, workspaces, and Stash were inspiring and perfect for not only getting your scrapbooking done comfortably, but also spending time with your friends. That was my goal in designing the Studios! And I'm glad to know that next time, you won't have to worry about packing so much for your trip, since there's so much available in the Stash for you to use! I'm looking forward to hosting you again soon. Thanks again for your review; I really appreciate it!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Anna welcomed us just as we were getting out of the car. We went inside where I was thrilled at how super-duper clean everything was. She gave us a tour of the wonderful old house. Neat, fashionable, well arranged, everything you could imagine wanting. Drinks and snacks of a wide variety available. Stampin Up and other brands supplies are available stamps, tools, papers, ribbons - all you can imagine. Very reasonably priced. I'll go back soon!

Room Tip: 3 or 4 beds per room. All single beds. Not intended for couples or young children. Immaculately clean!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Julie, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Craftaway Studios! I'm so glad to know that you really enjoyed your time crafting in the Studios, and that you felt the amenities were a great value. It's our goal to make Craftaway Studios as inviting and inspiring as possible--whether it's all the tools and supplies available in the Stash, or the snacks and drinks in the snack bar, or the clean and vintage decor in the house and workspaces. It was such a pleasure to meet you, and I hope to see you again soon! Thanks again for your review; I truly appreciate it!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Loved our weekend scrapping at the Craftaway Studios. The STASH was an awesome amenity to have. The snack bar was great for the late night/early morning of 3:00 am when you needed to move and get new ideas and just needed a "sugar boost." The best part was the chairs were SO comfortable while sitting and the bed was perfect for sleeping. The sheets were so soft that I had to email her to see where she purchased them so I could buy for my own home. The house was perfect. Can't WAIT to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Connie, thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Craftaway Studios! I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities at Craftaway, including the Stash and the snack bar. We try to have everything you'd need at your fingertips! I'm also pleased that you found the chairs and beds so comfortable--when you're in your crafting groove, you have to be comfortable and I spared no expense to find the perfect chairs for a full day and night of crafting! And same for the beds--it's important to be able to rest comfortably when you're taking a break from crafting. It was such a pleasure to host you and your group, and I hope to see you again soon! Thanks again for the review--I appreciate it!