“A great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bonham B&B and Inns
Dundas, Canada
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in the stand alone house which was handicapped accessible for my mom. The hosts are charming and we enjoyed this bed and breakfast. It was hot when we first got there but we were able to get it cooled down. Beds were comfy. Would be fun to be there with a group.

This was a fun departure from a local motel and it started our vacation in a special way. It worked out well for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I took a much needed weekend to relax and explore a different B&B (our pastime). Every B&B has its own unique charm, or quirks, but we found this B&B to be very well rounded with amenities, charm, and hospitality!
We stayed in the "Suite" since it matched all of our prerequisites for a weekend of relaxing; queen bed and a jacuzzi tub! What we didn't expect, but found to be a huge plus, is that we had the entire 3rd floor to ourselves with a private outdoor patio and a sky light over the jaccuzi.
More unexpected thrills were: the owners took us on a historic tour of the house, took us on a tour of the town square and turn of the century houses in a 1931 model A Ford complete with aooga horn, prepared us a fantastic 3 course candlelit steak dinner, and played tunes that included the Tennessee Waltz on the fiddle during our incredible dessert.
The rest of our evening was perfect. We woke to a delicious breakfast, served at our leisure, and had a pleasant drive home.
If you enjoy historic homes, authentic antiques, gracious hospitality, and a ride in a 1931 Model A, you must stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank tdavidson1
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2008

I stayed in the The Carleton Suite for my one year anniversary. I will say that I've never actually stayed or even been to a bed in breakfast. When my Fiance first told me about my surprise present at a B&B I was a little nervous because normally I am a hotel person. When we first arrived we were greeted very warmly by the owners. They gave us a tour of the place, told us all about the history of the house, and answered any questions we had. The suite was very clean, comfortable, and I felt like it was my own home. We chose a package that included a massage and dinner. The dinner and dessert was by far the best food I've had. I normally don't eat steak but i figured i was trying new stuff already why not. The food was so good I recommend if you stay get any package with food! We sat out on the deck while they served us, played music, and we watched the sunset! It was very romantic. The next morning we got breakfast, delicious! The also gave us a tour of the little city in their Model A. Everything about our stay at The Carleton House Bed & Breakfast was romantic, relaxing, and perfect. If i could i would definitely stay here every weekend. I look forward to going back every year for my anniversary!!

• Liked — The happy and relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — That we had to leave
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple