Our stay at Hidden Valley began when we were picked up in Belize City after being on Ambergris Caye. We were picked up by a wonderful tour guide , Lloyd, who gave us tons of history and information on the drive to the resort. When we got there we found out that we had a room that had been recently renovated...it was great!!! The room had high vaulted ceilings, an outdoor room that was screened in with a large hammock and a wonderful rock outdoor shower!- That was a huge bonus! The room also had a fireplace and there was wood beside our door every morning.
We only had two days here to explore the grounds, which is a shame because the other guests there had seen lots of cool wildlife on the trails ( they have an animal sighting book that guests sign where and what animals they spot on the trails). One of the days was spent hiking around and then ended up at Butterfly Falls!WOW..it was like being on a movie set..it was so beautiful. We got to swim in the waterfall, which was freezing, but worth it! The other days were spent doing tours off the grounds--Tikal and Barton Creek canoe trip.
Every meal is on site, which was something i was not used too. It was fun and you really got to know the people staying there. The food was delicious! It was a bit expensive I thought though. I think the breakfast was like 18 dollars.
The people were what make this place wonderful! Beverly, who manages and runs the property, was wonderful and so friendly. EVeryone who worked there was so friendy and bent over backwards to give you want you wanted. Raul was wonderful as both bartender and tour guide!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio