We can't wait to go back. We went with our children, 8 and 10, and had adjoining rooms that connected by a lovely screened porch with hammocks that the kids loved. The outdoor showers were amazing- built out of rock to appear as a waterfall. After having swum up to each of the 3 waterfalls on the amazing property during the day, the shower under the stars at night helped remind us of the beautiful day we had. The rooms/baths were very well appointed, and the staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our meals, and the kids could eat off the "tavern" menu if they didn't like the dinner. It was a bit cool by the pool in April when we were there and, since the hot tub heater wasn't working, I didn't swim in the pool (the kids didn't care and swam anyway). However, we had such great outings during the day that we didn't care about the pool. Strongly recommend you save some time to explore the property which is beautiful- best to have your own vehicle (if you don't mind driving on the dirt "road") but they will drop off/pick you up via walkie talkie if you want. It takes 30 minutes to get anywhere off property and there are few restaurants, so strongly recommend planning on eating all your meals there. They will pack meals for you or set up a picnic at one of the waterfalls. Lots of excursions off property of interest as - cave canoeing, butterfly farm, mayan ruins, etc. We only spent 4 days, wish we had more time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio