My husband and I came here for part of our honeymoon and stayed in one of the two suites March 2-6. This resort was perfect for us because it was the perfect mixture of peace and tranquility mixed in with adventure (ie tours). Our suite could be connected to the adjoining suite to make it one giant living area (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, etc). Luckily, the couple next to us left the second day that we were there. I highly recommend the suite because you get a wonderfully comfortable hammock that hangs in a screened porch that looks out at the trees and birds. There is also a large tub that can fit two people and an outdoor shower that looks like a waterfall. I loved the tub! The suite is also towards the back, so there is no foot traffic in and around it. We had daily maid service as well as nightly turn down service.
The staff were extremely courteous and polite and always referred to us as "Mr. Such and Such" or "Mrs. Such and Such." HVI also has high tea, which was fabulous because I am a tea drinker! The food was phenomenal, especially breakfast (they juice just about every fruit)! When you sit down at a table to eat, your "waitress" brings you a menu and ALWAYS says "excuse me" whenever she hands you anything or removes anything from the table.
We toured Caracol and Barton Creek Caves and our tour guides were excellent. They were engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly. I highly recommend going on the tours that HVI offers because it allows you to learn more about Belize by learning about their culture and seeing their landscape as you drive past it.
We also rented our own private waterfall for the afternoon. If you are honeymooners or a couple, do it and you will not regret it. You can either do the 2 hour hike out to the falls or get taken their in a truck. We hiked out, which made the cool dip feel so refreshing when we finally got there. HVI staff set up a picnic with champagne and you can stay down there as long as you like because they give you a walky talky to use to call for a ride on. There is also a hammock at the falls and we took a nap in it.
The only negatives were the no see um flies and hot tub. You can't see those flies so we had to stay bathed in bug spray. The hot tub was not working too, so that was a disappointment. But overall, if you're looking for a good mixture of relaxation/ adventure...go to HVI! We would do it all over again in a minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio