We loved our stay at Hidden Valley Inn and were able to achieve our goal while traveling in Belize: experience the adventure of the jungle and spend plenty of time relaxing. The inn's location is far from the Belize airport, and we chose to take a cab from the airport. The ride was about 2 hours, and we wished we would have booked transportation through the hotel instead (The hotel has vans that are better equipped to handle the unpaved roads vs. the smaller cabs which have to drive very slowly. They're the same price, either one you choose). We were greeted by the staff and given a tour of the main lodge of the inn where the dining room, bar, and pool were located. Our room was clean and spacious. Though the inn doesn't have air conditioning, the ceiling fan and breeze were more than adequate for us. Because we had chosen not to rent a car, we spent all of our evenings at the inn and had our dinners and drinks there. The inn is in a secluded area, so we bonded with the other travelers and staff and shared our experiences of the day/ tour recommendations. The food was prepared on site, often with ingredients grown on the property. We were very satisfied with the meal selections. During the day, we booked tours through Hidden Valley which were affordable and came equipped with your own tour guide. We chose to do ziplining at Calico Jack's. Our driver, William, joined us for the experience, which made it even better. He took photos for us and provided us with information about Belize during the drive and at Calico Jack's. We also did the tour of Rio Frio Cave/Caracol/Rio on Pools with Freddie, which was excellent. Freddie is a very experienced tour guide and was knowledgeable about the history and wildlife of Belize. He spotted a toucan high in a random tree while driving down the road and stopped to give us binoculars so we could also see it. He was able to answer all of our questions. Both of the tours were comprehensive and affordable. I felt like we accomplished a lot in the days without getting to the point of exhaustion. Lastly, the grounds themselves deserve some time for touring. The inn has a countless amount of trails leading to waterfalls, natural pools, and other scenic sites. They give you a 2 way radio to take with you in case you get lost or need help, but the trails are well-labeled. You need to be in pretty good physical shape to take on many of these trails, but the staff lets you know how difficult they are. Our favorite part about this hotel was the opportunity to talk with the other travelers in the lodge and interact with the staff. Everyone who works there is so friendly and accomodating.They will create the perfect experience for you, as they did for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio