This place is amazing. It was the cheapest hotel we stayed in during our honeymoon (we also stayed at Chaa Creek and Victoria House) but it was fantastic. There are 12 rooms here and 90 miles of hiking trails. We stayed for 4 nights and had a totally different experience every day without ever leaving the property. It really is a unique place.
We hiked to Manakin Falls the first day (boring hike along the service road, but the destination is so worth it!) and also to the Lake Lolly Folly which was good fun. On the second day we got dropped off by Devils Falls and Mermaid pool which is stunning and then we walked to Butterfly falls (breathtaking), stopped for a quick swin and arrived at Secret falls to find our dinner there waiting for us. We stayed there 3 hours (we even slept in the hammock) and then hiked back to the hotel via the cascade trail which is a must! It is so much fun climbing up ladders and over treetrunk bridges, with the backdrop of cascades and river side trails.
The third day we rented Orchid Falls for the day -This is an absolute must if you are staying at the property - this was one of the highlights of the honeymoon. A private cabana awaits next to a gorgeous waterfall. A champagne lunch is set up in the cabana, as are two hammocks - perfect for relaxation. There are rubber rings waiting for fun in the waterfall pool and even a flushing toilet!!!!
The hotel itself is cute. It was the least luxurious of the accommodations we stayed in (I would recommend they get new towels), but its still of a high enough standard. We used the pool most nights and watched the hummingbirds sipping nectar as we sipped a cocktail in the hot tub. The food was good - especially the soups! The service at the hotel is amazing! We felt like we were their primary concern and they designed the walks so we wouldnt bump into anyone along the way. In fact the service here was much better than at the other two more expensive hotels we stayed at.
They provide oil in the bathrooms which is useful as an insect repellant -you do need to put it on during the day, but its not required at night. There are no mosquitos at all there.
We didnt do any trips from here (we did them with our other hotels) but they were on offer, and you could also use bikes (which again, we didnt get round to).
We stayed at Chaa Creek after and that was a completely different experience (also great), I would recommend staying at a jungle lodge, and also here in the mountain pine ridge area.
I didnt want to leave! I would definatley return to this hotel as it represents amazing value and an unforgettable, unique experience.
Thank you Hidden Valley Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio