“Very Relaxing”

Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My family and I recently spent a week vacationing at Tapitio. We found the hotel to be very nice. Our room had undergone rennovation and was clean and in great condition. The fitness room and pool were excellent even though the spa was not working at the time. Each night as we came back from our activities we saw a herd of deer making its way to the closest water. We had a great experience in the Texas Hill Country! We hope to return there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator and microwaave
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Todd H

Reviewed August 8, 2011

A group of friends and I went to Tapatio Springs over the 4th of July and LOVED everything about our trip!! Our trip started off with the best golf lesson of my life from the new head pro Tommy Darland. Every meal was fantastic and the views from the dinning room are amazing!! The staff made us feel like family, not guests.

I has visited the resort in 2009 and was blown away by the renovations taking place. We have already planned our next trip for the fall!! The new owners, one of them being George Strait, are truly making The Resort at Tapatio Springs an amazing destination in the Texas Hill Country

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank davidson_keli
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My friend and I enjoyed our weekend so very much we have planned to return. Next trip we will even golf. We had so much fun hiking, shopping in the pro shop, drinking in the bar and enjoying mouth watering meals in the dining room offering excellent service. Also don't forget to order appettisers either in the bar or while dining. Yummy. No matter who we asked for directions to nearby towns we were given explicit instructions to our destinations so that we arrived without getting lost. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had no problem sleeping. The area was so peaceful and quiet. Can not wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank trish29_11
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I decided to go check out the "New" Tapatio Springs after all the hype with new owners and new look. When I arrived, I did not know exactly what I would be in for. I stayed in one of the new rooms (New Carpet, New Bathroom, etc) and was absolutely blown away. I had a tee time on two of the days, and was pleasantly surprised to find out they had 27 holes. I got to play 2 different 18's. The course was in good shape as well. Even with all the construction going on with room renovations and rock work going everywhere, I had a great time. I will be back later this year just to see the finished project.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JimWill87
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Our Trip to The resort at Tapatio Spriings in Boerne Texas was fabulous. It sits in the countryside 30 minutes outside of San Antonio and is truly a hidden gem. The resort has pool, weightroom, massage available, Fabulous Country Club setting with a 27 hole (I forget who designed) golf course, So Friendly, my husband had someone to play golf with if our son or myself were not avaiable. Clubhouse with dining room. Had a great July 4th Bar B Que party, food was faaaaaaab, ribs, chicken, dogs, burgers, potato, fruit, pasta, salads. Desserts were out of this world. They haven't had rain in months, such a shame but they keep it all so green, with a sprng fed lake that waters everything.
Our 3 children went horseback riding and had a ball! Yippee! Oh they are all over 25. We were visiting 2/3 and we also went dining, and shopping in Boerne. Geat small town, We ate at the Dodging Duck homemade beers MMMM good, The Little Gretel, sauerbraten WOW! good, and downtown's Cypress Grille, Bear Moon Cafe in Boerne.All were great. It is worth the 35 drive minute to Fredricksburg. It is a real German town, in Texas, music, homemade brews, brats, spaetzle, potato pancakes, very cool. Don't go on a Wednesday, most stores are closed.
Oh, we went to the Shiner Brewry also but that is another story! LOL Have fun!
We spent a week and can't wait to go back to see our kids or the hill country??

Room Tip: To get the best room you can choose overlooking the pond, soso, golf course and cliffs yes,
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen73
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This place is by no means a resort. The website is quite misleading. It is a 2.5 star motel on its best day! We did not have any hot water the entire time we were there, I called the front desk and they called maintenance. The maintenance man arrived promptly, felt the cold water coming from the shower and said, "Yep, you're right, no hot water in this room." He left and never came back! The room was dirty. The lock on the door did not work and again maintenance was called. The maintenance man cursed at the door in front of my children and then took a hammer to the door jam and began banging away, while my spouse was trying to sleep! Still the lock would not work without multiple attempts by both myself and maintenance, everytime we left the room! The carpet had large stains all over it. The room was VERY OUTDATED. Jacuzzi in pool did not work. Room door did nto work. The staff was nice, but the bottom line is the place is completely run down and gross, at every turn. Sink in room had tile counter top and it was cracked and/or chipped in at least 10 places! The ice bucket had no liner in it and it looked dirty. The ice bucket did not fit in the ice machine. The balcony was carpeted with carpet that was about 30 years old and the balciony itself sloped downward! Seriously, don't bother. Also, the bottom of my kid's feet was black from walking around the room on the carpet! I get disgusted just thinking about it. We asked for a new room and were told there were not any available. We reported our bad experience to the front desk when leaving and had to get a manager in order to get a price adjustment on the room. Everyone just kept making excuses. "Yes, we know, we are going through a remodel." Well, why didn't they tell us that when we made the reservations?!! I heard through the grapevine that George Strait has recently bought a partnership in this place. If that is true, he should be ashamed to have his name on this GROSS place!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bgm614
MrsEtken, Manager at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

The Resort at Tapatio Springs has been re-branded and renewed since new owners, Tom Cusick and George Strait have taken over ownership. All guest rooms have undergone a complete renovation. The resort is fresh, clean, renewed and ready for guests! Also renovated were the clubhouse and golf course. Tapatio Springs is virtually unrecognizable from what it was.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Stayed there on a golf package. Golf course was nice. New rooms were impressive. Can't wait to see this place next year. Will be coming back soon.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Mike7890
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Far West Side
Hyatt Residence Club San Antonio, Wild Oak Ranch

Been to Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!