“Beware of the rooms and watch your wallet”
Review of Ye Kendall Inn

Ye Kendall Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Boerne B&B and Inns
Austin, TX
“Beware of the rooms and watch your wallet”
Reviewed December 16, 2008

We stayed at the Kendall Inn for my sister in laws wedding and it was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I am all for the charming B&B or Inn but this one is run more like a backroad motel. The room was booked as part of a block and while many of the rooms seemed spacious and clean the one we were given was neither. The shower in the room was 18"X24" (smaller than on a European train) with the shower head below 6'. Also, the room itself had a king sized bed that left one foot on each side to walk around and there was no closet or wardrobe to hang our clothes. Did I mention that we were paying $150/ night before taxes? When I drew this to the attention of the "inn keeper" she stared at me blankly through her Jackie O sunglasses and said, "you will need to make arrangements to switch with someone in your party, because there are no other rooms available." I later learned that there were in fact 3 rooms available at that time.

I must say that with the exception of the woman who called herself the "inn keeper" the staff was very cordial. It just seemed that she was the person who had an issue with accomodating us.

Also, we were charged twice for the stay and have yet to get a refund. So if you do decide to stay at Ye Kendall Inn make sure to see the room firsthand before booking and be careful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service, Rudeness of management, ethics
  • Stayed December 2008
3 Thank TX-B_B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dripping Springs, TX
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Because of the path of hurricane Ike-we live in Austin, TX-we asked to cancel our inn reservations. With the hurricane it would not have been safe to make the trip. I did not feel like endangering my wife's or my life to travel there. They would not allow us to cancel our reservations and receive our funds back. They had absolutely no concern for our safety only their profits.
I thought this was a nice place, but with their lack of concern for the safety of others, I don't like this is a place that I would ever stay again.

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank jccjr50
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Our son was married in Boerne last weekend, and we used the St. John's Suite at Ye Kendall Inn for our headquarters in Boerne. This is one of the buildings off the courtyard that was a 1901 church that has been brought to the property. The "room" we had was huge and was perfect for our wedding headquarters. There was a large living room area with couch and chairs and a large glass topped dining table with six chairs around it. The other half of the suite was the bedroom with kingsized bed and a sitting area with couch and chairs and lots of floorspace. We thoroughly enjoyed this suite. We had most of our out of town guests on property staying in the various rooms and buildings. Each room was distinct in decor and some had special challenging/interesting features. The courtyard at night was delightful and they have a fan in a tree that moves the air around just right. Some of our guests were awakened early each morning from the rooster across the road at the back of the property but I guess there is little the Inn can do about this. All of our friends agreed that their stay at the Inn made the whole week a true Texas experience.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank golfinglawyer
texas
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I adored this place. We stayed in the Enchanted Cabin, a 3 room cabin with a claw footed tub. Three other cabins were nestled in around ours and we sat on our front porch in the rocking chairs and just had our coffee and relaxed while the kiddos watched a little tv. My daughter loved the claw footed tub! It was actually great fun to wonder around the place on foot and see the other cabins. The grounds were beautifully kept...just immaculate. Mark at the front desk was wonderfully helpful. I can't wait to stay here again!! The ambiance of the place lends itsleft to any occasion, quiet retreat, wedding, honeymoon, family reunion, family getaway. It all depends on which cabin or room you stay in. They also have more modern type hotel rooms as well. There is not a pool but you will NOT miss it with the HUGE HUGE texas sized spa out back. The security is wonderful because the whole area where the rooms are are protected by locked gates that you have a key to when you come and go. Made us feel VERY secure.

• Stayed July 2008
NY, NY
Reviewed April 24, 2008

The inn has several different styles of room on the property, some of which are less appealing than others. We chose a room in the main house, a 19th century limestone structure with thick walls, high ceilings, and a verandah running along the front upstairs, which we could sit out on in rockers or at a little table. We absolutely loved it! Our room, "Laverne," was large and comfortable, furnished with very convincing antiques (including a canopy bed), with (non)working fireplaces in both the bedroom and dressing room. We really did feel like guests in another century. Mind you, there is no elevator, and we had to carry our bags up the stairs ourselves. And the main door is locked after 9:30 on weeknights, so you take the outside stairs - just like they did in 1890.

• Liked — Sense of history
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GrandTour111
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We stayed in 2 cabins behind the property. They are nice enough but there aren't really any windows so when you are in there you pretty much have to keep the door open to have much light or not feel closed in. The grounds were completely dead this time of year. We did have some noise issues - workers and late night guests walking around the cabin area. Also, there is a rooster across the street that crows for hours in the early morning. The property is in a good overall location to the shops and market days in Boerne. I just wasn't overly impressed and probably would not stay here again. I also felt the cost was high for the value.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise and lack of privacy
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2008

We drove to Bourne, TX. for my brother's wedding. We found the Ye Kendell Inn and fell in love with it. It had so much history and was beautifully decorated with antiques. I felt like I was living in another date and time. The service was outstanding. We paid $150.00 for the night. I think it was well worth the experience.

• Liked — The Charm of the Hotel
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family