“Home away from home..”
Review of Ye Kendall Inn

Ye Kendall Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Boerne B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place was a great place for me and my wife to have our wedding reception. We got married here last year and the place looked amazing. They hung up Christmas lights and our vintage mason jar candle holders just as we asked them. This is a true gem to have since it adds to the the charm of the event. I have nothing but good things to say about the Ye Kendall Inn.

This is was such a special day for us that with the fear of rain they even held the ballroom for us as a plan B.

The Ye Kendall Inn is truly a great place to have your reception. We could not get married there just because we were expecting too many people, or else we would have. Everything was done to perfection. With the warm lights and the chimney lit and ready for smores for our guests, this was truly a great time for all.

The rooms really added to the charm because they were convenient for everyone and they were truly something to see. I felt as if I was in a different time period. Rooms were reserved for family that was coming out of town and they were given a good deal. The staff was courteous and very attentive. The food was great and the service was phenomenal.

I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. Even if you are not getting married, this is a good place to relax and enjoy the charm of the town. Grab a drink from the bar and sit on the porch and allow yourself to relax.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Alex C

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I,my sister's family, my daughter's family and my mother have been staying here for at least a decade. We have been once a month, for the past 3 months. Which means 2 rooms each trip.... We come EVERY year, the day after Thanksgiving for the weekend...2-3 rooms. Just to give you an idea of how often we are there. Something has gone terribly Wrong!!! Everything before was perfect ! Now the worst problem is filty rooms. Underwear left from previous guest.....next trip,same room...underwear still there. Sheets that smells like baby poop. And the worst yet, veil, rose petals, and SOILED BEDDING...and DOUBLED CHARGED ON THE CREDIT CARD last 2 trips!!!!

Room Tip: Fernando, at the desk is more than willing to help in anyway possible! The cabins are a romantic won...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
YKIAdministrator, Public Relations Manager at Ye Kendall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Diana,
On behalf of Ye Kendall Inn, please accept our sincere apologies. We regret the discomfort and the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay. Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hospitality are of utmost importance to us. Please be assured that these concerns have been addressed and resolved immediately.

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

For what they charge for rooms this hotel really needs to reinvest the money back into the hotel. It could be a wonderful place to stay - location is the only great thing about this place. Right in the middle of town and you can walk to all the shops and restaurants. Our room was in the Blanco and it needs MAJOR updating and cleaning. The blinds were broken, furniture was dusty, walls were filthy ( you can see where they tried to paint over the grim) and our shower was dirty and tile grout was black from mold. We had to call housekeeping twice and they responded but I was READY to get out of this place!!! They room was either REALLY cold or REALLY warm. Our friends had rooms at the Garden Court which seemed updated and cleaner so I would recommend staying there. Staff was really nice and responded but I just don't think rooms should be that dirty and run down when you are paying $179/night!

Room Tip: If you must stay here get garden court rooms. If you have kids with you DO NOT STAY HERE!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gi G

Dear Gi G,

We regret your dissatisfaction with your last stay at Ye Kendall Inn. We strive to provide our guests clean, comfortable accomodations in a unique setting.

It is very important to us to let you know your concerns have been addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future to see the difference.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I live in Boerne and always suggest this place to friends. If you want to get the most out of a visit to Boerne then this is the best place hill country experience. It offers a great location but not right on busy Main street. The new creek walk called the 'Boerne Mile' is peaceful and right out the door. My parents have stayed in the Time Life room twice and had an enjoyable time. In the summer and throughout the year there are numerous activities in the adjacent grassy town square. And the hotel, with it's rich history, is right off Main street with all the boutique shopping and restaurants. Wednesday night is 'prime rib' night (which adds an appetizer & dessert)in the hotel restaurant called the Limestone Grille and my husband and I have been to this at least half a dozen times. The restaurant, like the Inn has an old world cozy feel and is charming. I have attended 3 weddings here over the last 10 years. They were lovely. The bride threw her bouquet off the back 2-story balcony and the reception was in the back courtyard.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our accommodations at Ye Kendall Inn. We stayed in a single room {with windows!) and had a large bathroom (with a door!). We stayed on the second floor of the original inn, and loved the porch. Felt like I had my own balcony, at night would sit on one of the porch's chairs and sip wine. The city park is across the street so had a nice view. Sure the Inn is quite old, but it was obvious money has been put into the Inn to keep it comfortable. And for the price, what a great deal! The Inn includes a renown Zagat Rated restaurant and bar. We loved historic Boerne and it was all across the street from the Inn. Our only complaint was the steep set of stairs one has to climb to get to the second floor. Sure have to appreciate the fitness of those of past generations!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose Marie S
Reviewed January 6, 2012

As you walk up to Ye Kendall and enter the lobby, you can't help but notice the charm. The bar and resturaunt area have the same quaint feel. I didnt eat breakfast there, but the menu items for lunch or dinner are very good. The hotel is only one block away from the main street shops, resturaunts and events. We stayed in a suite the first night. It was weird. You walk in and think it's neat, but... after sleeping in the bed, using the 3 foot sink and the shower you don't really want to again. We switched to the much smaller Times room. I liked it better. The bathroom was much nicer. The tv in it was silly old, but hey, there was cable.

Overall rooms and prices bring this place down. Everything else is great. I don't think think anything over $85 is a fair price for a stay here, but if you are passing through, I would suggest stopping in for lunch and walking the area.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Ernie_Valdez
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at the Inn for a two night getaway the week end after Thanksgiving. We decided to stay at Ye Kendall due to the proximity to down town Boerne. The Inn is extremely convenient for any downtown activities. This is the only plus for staying at Ye Kendall. The Inn is very old and has lots of history. This is all good but the rooms are very average at best. The pool(either a small pool or large hottub) need some TLC. I realize its winter time but the grounds need some work. We stayed in the Garden Court. The walls are very thin. You can hear everything next door as well as everything going on outside even when people are talking in a normal tone. There are no windows in the room. The only outside view is through the glass entry way door. This is ok but there no drapes on the door and built in mini blinds do not block out the shining lights from the walkway at night. There is always light coming in the room. Although I didn't stay there to watch tv, the tv was almost as old as the hotel.... TV's are cheap - upgrade them.

The Inn has wireless Internet access which worked well. The king size bed was a little soft and kinda had the hot dog bun feel in the middle..ie if you lay in the middle, it kinda rolls up around you - not too bad but definitely noticeable.

The toilet flapper leaked resulting in the toilet re-filling the bowl about every 5 minutes..... Very annoying when you are trying to sleep. There were plenty of towels but the quality is much to be desired. I haven't stayed in a motel 6 in a long time but from what I remember the towels are of a similar quality.

The front desk in not manned all the time - not an issue for us but something to keep in mind. They do have someone on call 24 hrs a day if needed.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn over Ye Kendall. It doesn't have the historic charm or proximity to down town as Ye Kendall but the rooms, bedding, amenities, breakfast and overall facilities are definitely better at a similar cost. It all depends on what you are looking for in a place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple