“Our Wedding was awesome!!”
Review of Ye Kendall Inn

Ye Kendall Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Boerne B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at "The Inn". It was an incredible experience from the first day of booking (a year prior to oue date) to the last day when we had our farewell breakfast. Taylor- the Wedding Coordinator/Inn Keeper was amazing and flexable to all of my crazy needs. Taylor assissted us with all of the little things and when the day came, worked with out wedding coordinators (hired seperate) so that I was not bothered all day.The food was amazing (a 4 couse tasteing menu). All of our guests commented that this was the "best wedding food" they have ever had! The Chef even made us a pink salad dressing to go along with out color scheme! How awesome was that??? Our group booked several rooms and everyone was pleased. The staff was very friendly and treated us like royality the entire time. The courtyard was a perfect place for cocktail hour and for an after dinner treat- smores! The St. John's Suite (bridal suite) was great and was the perfect place for me and my bridal party to get ready (hair and make came onsite). This is a great place and I would suggest it to any bride how wants the most memorable day.

Mrs. Wright

Room Tip: Call and book, the website can be tricky but the people over the phone are great and easy to work.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My mother and I stayed at the Ye Kendall Inn over the weekend and loved it! The room was perfect and the Limestone Grille was delicious. All the staff made us feel as if we were family. It's right off the main street through Boerne, so we were able to walk and enjoy all the shops. Very quaint and intimate. We loved it so much, we already booked a stay in October for my birthday! Thanks Ye Kendall Inn for a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
YKI, General Manager at Ye Kendall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, look forward to seeing you in October!

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Headed to Boerne for a long weekend and looking forward to rest and relaxation. Lovely hotel grounds and friendly staff.

We were escorted to the Time Life Room, decorated with a few Magazine covers and books. We were walking around the room, looking at pictures and decor when my husband started looking at a strange item on the wall, picture height on his side of the bed. We thought it was a strange picture but on closer examination, it was glass trap door to the outside through the thick white limestone. THEN something MOVED in the glass. We realized it was probably a bird and the "design" on the glass was BIRD POOP. It was the strangest thing we had ever seen. Nasty is a good start to trying to describe it.

5:00 AM Sunday morning I start hearing noises thinking it was my husbands cell phone vibrating on and off so I get up ( not very happy I might add....) to turn it off. It was OFF. Could not figure out the noise that was keeping me up on my mini vacation.

I finally traced the noise to the window right by my head. I raised the blinds and was shocked to see 2 foot high piles of bird poop on the window ledge with 3 pidgeons roosting, cooing, keeping me awake. The window was poop streaked horribly. It was disgusting.

We waited till 8 AM and walked down to the desk. We were moved to the room next door. I made sure to show the maid and she was horrified at both pieces of glass and the bird poop.

The next room was great, no bird poop filled windows. We enjoyed and rested. Nice grounds.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank txfrmgrl
YKI, General Manager at Ye Kendall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

While we are sorry you had to be the reason we discovered this area that needed attention, we thank you for your valuable feedback and constructive comments, which help us to improve. New measures have been taken to prevent the roosting of pigeons on our historic shutters, and we will ensure that this is monitored thoroughly to prevent this from happening again. We hope you will view this as an isolated incident, and visit us again should your travels bring you to Boerne.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

Last weekend, Sept 10-12, 2010, I planned a family reunion for my family of 50+. After searching many places around Texas, we happened upon Ye Kendall Inn. One email later I decided to book the place for our 2010 reunion. Taylor McClure-Covington worked diligently with me on rates, food, gathering room and a few extras we needed. It was one of the most painless planning processes I've experienced, (and I've planned our family reunion many, many times). Taylor was so accommodating with everything and quick on email replies when I had questions.

We I arrived on Friday I couldn't have been happier with the look and feel of Ye Kendall Inn. It was quaint, yet certainly large enough for our group. It had a feeling of familiarity when you walked through the doors, even though it was my first time, due to the ambiance of the reception area.

The staff was MORE than accommodating; helping me unload my car and taking the mass of reunion items up the stairs to my room...and all done with a smile on their faces. Mark was available to help us at any time, for any reason, and did it in such a way that you never really even knew he was there. Absolutely fantastic staff!!!

We had planned a chili cookoff on Saturday and were lucky enough to use the courtyard as our venue. The size was perfect! There were ample outlets for crockpots and extension cords showed up when we needed them, (hmm? Mark again?). They even placed white table cloths on the tables for us and set up more tables for our use when they saw we needed more. And the cherry on top was that we got a few staff to help judge, which was fun for all.

The general gathering room was brilliant! We used it for the older family members to congregate and catch up. We used it for our dinner area. We used it for games we play at our reunion. We used it for our auction area and for our dessert contest. We used it as our we-need-to-cool-off area. It was a beautiful and perfect!

The food was phenomenal! The best "hotel" food we've EVER had. Not one person had one complaint about the quality and certainly not the quantity of food that was prepared. Ye Kendall Inn set up buffets for our dinners, but the food did NOT qualify for "buffet" food. It was more of a sit-down dinner-type meal with fancy linens and crystal! Taylor even had a cash bar set up in the back for our wine and cocktails...AT NO CHARGE...that really added to the dinners.

The guest rooms were all so adorable and comfortable. It's obvious Ye Kendall Inn cares about making their guests happy. It shows in every aspect.

The family loved staying here so much that we all decided to have our 2011 reunion at Ye Kendall Inn, and there was talk about making it our permanent reunion venue. It was so above and beyond our expectations!

I would suggest to anyone who stays in Boerne, or who just wants to visit, to stay at Ye Kendall Inn. Tell them the crazy lady who did the chili cookoff sent you! You will NOT be disappointed!!! How could you be disappointed when you're staying with family, right? They've become a part of our family and we feel certain the feeling is mutual.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank GumboQueen
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I have many friends who live in Boerne and San Antonio who have recommended Ye Kenall Inn. I recently spent the Memorial Day Weekend at Ye Kendall Inn and had a great experience. The staff was friendly, the room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. I attended their monthly Wine Dinner in the ballroom and it was the 100th Wine Dinner so it was a special occasion. The meal was outstanding, the service was fantastic and I am very picky about service. The wines were carefully selected to go perfect with the meal. Each guest had a oppoutunity to purchase the wine at a very affordable price so I too advantage and purchase a case for one of my clients. Over all the Ye Kendall Inn was a great place to be for a long Memorial Day weekend. I would recommend it to all of my friends and already have!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband and I were married there 2 weekends ago. Everything went without a hitch. Taylor, the wedding coordinator did a great job and made herself avalible 24/7. The food was delicious, the decor gorgeous and service was perfect.

I understand while some people would complain if staying there during a wedding. Since a lot of rooms are near the courtyard. But the ye Kendall inn is one of the few places to have a wedding in the great town of boerne.

My experience was amazing and taylor has even made herself avalible after my wedding for things I had left behind. I would definately recommend this inn to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed June 8, 2010

We had our daughters wedding reception here and we can not say enough about how wonderful it turned out. The wedding coordinator Taylor went above and beyond our exectations and Nate was fantastic to all of our guests. The staff at the hotel and recpetion were fantastic. We had 23 rooms rented for the weekend with out of town guests from NY, FL, NC, TX and Az. We did not hear one complaint from anyone. All we heard was how wonderful everything there was. Our daughter did have her dream wedding at Ye Kendall Inn. Kudos to all the chefs that took care of the coctail hour and the dinner.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family