“A wonderful time”

Cave Without a Name
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Boerne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Eleven miles northeast of Boerne, in the heart of the scenic, rolling hills of the Texas Hill Country, Cave Without a Name is a natural, living cavern. Some say the most beautiful in Texas. The Cave is filled with spectacular formations of Stalactites, Stalagmites, delicate Soda Straws, Cave Drapery, magnificent Flowstones, Rimstone Dams, and more. Enjoy a tour of the six major rooms in comfort; 66 degrees year-round, easy walkways, brilliant lighting. Plan an unforgettable adventure you will remember forever...
London, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A wonderful time”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I were in San Antonio in December. We had heard of the various caverns north of the city and wanted to visit one. Not sure why we chose this one but I am glad we did. There were only the two of us there but they took us down anyway. The lady who led the tour was very knowledgeable and professional. She took us through the requisite safety info and warnings ahead of time. In the cave she took the time to point out all the wonderful things happening down there, from wildlife (bats, frogs etc) to the different types of formations that minerals form over many years. We had a wonderful time. At the end we realized the tour went over time by about 15 minutes but we didn't mind and neither did she.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Smrties

San Antonio, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun place to take your kids!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Cave is cool and comfortable---fun to take kids that are hot and miserable from the summer heat! The tours are given throughout the day and they take you down some very steep stairs (not good if you have difficulty with stairs/steep or are elderly). Small children will likely not do well going down the very steep stairway (FYI).

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mary A
Tampa, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“The Best Cave”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have been to several caves around the San Antonio area and this is the best. If you really want to see a beautiful cave you must come here.
Natural Bridge Caverns is nice but very commercial. You end up taking a ticket and waiting for your tour to start with many others. It was a fun outing but very touristy.
Cascade Cavern is also very nice and not commercial. It was nice.
But Cave without a Name is spectacular. The pictures on their web do not do it justice. If you can only see one, come see this one.
The tour had a smaller number of people, which was great for seeing everything.
The guide was very knowledge and gave us a great tour. The weather in the cave is always 66 degrees, so you can come year round.
They also have a big piece of land with walking trails and plenty of room for the kids to run. You can certainly bring a picnic and have fun before or after the tour.
Highly recommend this cave.
We brought a 12 and 15 year old and they really enjoyed the tour as well.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank KimberlyM223
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First hand knowledge of a First Rate Cave”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

First of all I want to say that I know what I am talking about when I review this wonderful cave becuase I managed it and gave tours there in the summer of 1999. I've read some of the other reviews and just want to keep facts straight.
This is a very non-commercial cave in the Texas Hill Country. The cave is about 100 feet down with 126 steps down into the cave and back out. You are allowed to take your time climbing back out. It is a constant 66 degrees in the cave come winter or summer. The cave itself is very level floored and very easy to travel.
I love caves and I have to say that this cave is one of the most beautiful of the seven caves open for tourism in the state of Texas. Once inside the ceiling rises to a good 25 to 30 feet over your head and is full of speleothems along the walls and on the floor. You will enjoy the beauty of this little charm and be surprised that such a jewel could be found in this countryside.
The walk is not too long but you will see six different "rooms" along the way.
I can't speak for or against what some reviewers are saying about rude guides, but I know that the cave manager, Mike, has been there for over 12 years and he is knowledgeable and pleasant and loves the cave too.
Lastly, I just want to say, if you love caves or the beauty of nature and want to get away from the "city" life, go see The Cave Without A Name, bring your family and your camera, and you will have family memories to cherish forever. Thanks for reading. Jim S.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank JIMSTRAVELSUSA
HALTOM CITY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent cave in Texas”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Absolutely beautiful! The guide could have been more informative but the cavern was beautiful and it was apparent that there had been some improvements since the last time we had visited, including a new gift shop and paved roads to the cave.

Visited January 2013