“Expensive and Just Ok....”
Review of Cypress Grille

Cypress Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypress Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Boerne
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

There's a lot of hype around about how great Cypress Grille is. I haven't quite figured it out. Entrees are expensive and mine was served served at room temperature after a long wait. The bar is ok for a quick drink but appetizers are small. Maybe it was an off visit but I'm not sure I will be back....

1  Thank jpt67

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Cypress Grille appears to be almost a classy bar when you walk in however as you walk through to the restaurant it opens into a lovely well appointed dining area. The seating is very comfortable with candles or seating by the large windows. We were greeted by a server requesting our drink order. He served them quickly along with delicious fresh made bread shaped like biscotti but very soft and tasty. The main server then greeted us and was well versed on the menu. My husband chose the smoked rotisserie chicken with two twice baked yukon gold potatoes and grilled mushroom and onions. I had panko crusted eggplant with a delicious tomato topping. Chris our waiter suggested that since it was our anniversary, I should have the molton chocolate cake with homemade ice cream and fruit. My husband had key lime pie served like a pudding with the crust on top. Chris even wrote Happy Anniversary on our dessert plates in chocolate. It was such a special evening thanks to Chris and the delicious food. The prices were so reasonable for such a wonderful dining experience. Everyone in Boerne had recommended this restaurant to us and I can see why they did.

1  Thank JoyfulEddy
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I wondered into the Cypress Grille looking for a place to eat lunch. We were seated immediately. The food and the service was wonderful! The prices were reasonable, the food came out quickly and was excellent! We loved it so much, we purchased a gift certificate for family members that don't live far from there. We will definitely go back if ever travelling in the area again.

1  Thank KristinRoss
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had such high expectations but what a mess. Our server translated our order for "two waters" into "two iced teas" and then everything disintegrated from there.

The ceviche was as far from a ceviche as you can get - one half avocado, a bunch of tortilla strips with a grilled shrimp, leafy greens and citrus-flavored gunge. Just plain bad.

The special was a shrimp wedge salad - we ordered two and the cuts on everything were totally different. Massive red onion rings compared with tiny ends; big avocado pieces and then the small. And a massive amount of bacon hid the fact the shrimps were cremated.

The lunch is all salads and sandwiches but with zero flair, integrity and originality. When my own mother can cook and present a dish better than a CIA chef, there's definitely something wrong - a total fail.

1  Thank JamesBeswick
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and service were great. I had a pulled pork sandwich that was perfect - toasted bread, sause not to thick or overbearing, homemade slaw. My wife had a turkey and panini sandwich with fresh greens. Also very good.
Very long wine list, and several wonderful sounding desserts.
I would highly recommend this place!

Been to Cypress Grille? Share your experiences!